'Love, Simon' Through The Eyes Of A Straight Female

Straight people don’t have to come out, so why do gay people have to?
57

If you haven’t seen Love, Simon yet, what are you doing?

It’s one of the best movies I’ve seen in a very long time. It had a memorable cast, numerous humorous moments, and just enough teenage angst to keep me entertained.

Let’s jump to the big motion picture here...

Love, Simon isn’t a movie for gay people. It’s a great movie to represent the struggles of someone in the LGBTQ+ community, but you don’t have to be gay to watch it.

Simon made a valid point in the movie. Straight people don’t have to come out, so why do gay people have to? I really hope revealing one’s sexual orientation won’t have to be such a big deal in the future. I hope our grandkids won't have to go through what Simon and everyone else in the LGBTQ+ community may go through — "coming out."

That’d also take away the whole “outing” thing, which is never okay to do by the way. Never take that away from someone.

Love, Simon really reminded me of my high school years.

Normally, I’d reflect back on my years with side bangs and horribly done makeup with shivers down my spine, but this movie made the impossible possible for me — I actually missed high school.

I missed the idea of it. I’d have killed to have a solid group of friends like Simon did in the movie. I wish my high school years were more like that. That being said, you couldn’t pay me to go back.

Overall, Love, Simon was beautifully done. There were moments my heart broke for Simon, as well as moments where my heart pieced itself back together for him and those around him.

Yours will probably do the same. Go see Love, Simon in theaters now!