13 Reasons Why Mom Deserves To Be Celebrated More Than One Day A Year

Why I love my crazy, obnoxious, and funny mom.

103
Caroline Parry

Heads up, Mother's Day is this month. We only take one day a year to really recognize how amazing our moms are. I think that we often take our relationships with our moms for granted until we do not have them right in front of us. When I first got to college I was miserable. I called my mom almost every day crying and saying I wanted to come home. One of the most significant people to support me through that was my mom, and I don't know what I would do without her.

Mom, here's 13 reasons why I love you.

1. You always support me and have my back.

2. You drove me to practice in high school at 5 a.m.

3. Despite having four obnoxious kids, you always make sure there is dinner on the table for us each night.

4. When I cry you make me feel better and make me laugh.

5. Your Thanksgiving dinner every year is INCREDIBLE.

6. You helped me face my fear of being away from home for the first time.

7. My room is always clean when I come home, even if it was a complete disaster when I left the house.

8. No one else can hit a tennis ball like you.

9. You take really really funny selfies and you don't care that we all make fun of you.

10. When I got into college you were even more excited than I was.

11. You challenge me to try new and exciting things, like swimming with dolphins at Discovery Cove.

12. You are the Pure Barre queen.

13. Sometimes you annoy me and make me want to bash my head into a wall, but I love how much you care about me and make me feel special in my own way.

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there!