6 Reasons Why We Should Still Love Miley Cyrus

Because there's more to Miley than what the media tells you

547
MTV

When people hear the name Miley Cyrus, I can guarantee things like her hairy armpits, crazy outfits and questionable behavior come to mind. Miley, more than any other child actor, has made it her mission to shed the reputation that sticks with most Disney stars. Over the years, she has pulled some outrageous stunts like her VMA performances, topless Instagram pictures and flagrant music videos. Although there is a lot of hatred geared towards Miley Cyrus, she has always kept people talking about her and awaiting her next move.

While this is certainly the unpopular opinion, I believe Miley Cyrus is an iconic, talented, and intelligent artist. I have always been a fan of hers, and my love for Miley hasn't wavered despite what everyone else thinks. While I'm not trying to change everyone's opinion about her, I am hoping that some may realize that behind all of the craziness she is truly a good person.

1. Although her choreographic skills may be lacking, she has an incredible voice

And no one can take that away from her. See for yourself:

2. She is connected with her fans and never lets them forget her love and appreciation.

This loyal fanbase commonly known as "Smilers" have been with Miley Cyrus from Hannha Montana to Bangerz and everything in between.

3. She is able to make fun of herself and take things lightly.

4. She supports and encourages other celebrities instead of putting them down.

You can find countless interviews of her gushing about artists like Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Kanye West, Lorde, and so many more.

5. She started a nonprofit organization called The Happy Hippie Foundation.

Their mission is to 'rally young people to fight injustice facing homeless youth, LGBTQ youth, and other vulnerable populations. Check out Happy Hippies to learn more about it!

6. Miley is always true to herself and doesn't care about what others think.

She encourages teens to focus on positive self-image and learning to be themselves. In an interview with The Today Show, she said, "This is who I am. I think it’s only hard if you’re trying to be something you’re not. Being who you are is really easy.”