A Love Letter To My Boyfriend For Valentine's Day
popular

Simply because it's that time of year when it is socially acceptable to be over the top mushy gushy.

56654
self

Hi Love,

I know sappy romance isn't really your style, but I couldn't resist pouring my heart out to you in honor of the cheesiest holiday in the history of the world. I promise not to get too deep. I just want to tell you how much I appreciate you and enjoy having you as a part of my everyday life. You've brought so many laughs, butterflies, and new experiences into my world and for that, I could not be more grateful. Okay, maybe I'll get a little deep. You know me.

I want to say thank you to you for a couple of things that I don't acknowledge nearly enough. Thank you for sitting through countless chick flicks, Disney movies and episodes of "Grey's Anatomy." You would probably rather be flushing yourself down the toilet than watching "Beauty and the Beast" for the tenth time, but you always push through. Thank you for holding my hand and hair when I'm sick. You're probably petrified that you're going to be the next victim of my illness, yet you still lie down with me and tell me it's all going to get better soon. Thank you for treating my family like they're your own and coming to every party, ugly sweater and all. Thank you for picking up the phone when I call you to go off on a tangent for two hours about who knows what. Thank you for warming up to my friends so quickly and showing them the side of you that makes me proud to be your girlfriend -- the side that is hilarious, sarcastic, sweet and thoughtful.

Before there was an "us" I had absolutely no knowledge about cars -- trucks in particular. You now have me going to truck pulls and mud-themed festivals. You've proven to me that steak is its own food group and can be eaten multiple times a week. You've shown me what it's like to be absolutely selfless and how to put others before myself. Above all, you've given me room to grow as my own individual while being my number one fan.

We probably won't make a big fuss out of Valentine's Day. There won't be any giant teddy bears or grand gestures of writing our names in the sky. No need for a bouquet of roses or heart-shaped jewelry to please this girl: I envision our day together consisting of watching a movie (you can pick this time), taking a nap and ordering takeout. To me, there is no place more special than where I am with you. We could sit on the floor staring at each other all day or go to the fanciest restaurant in town. Either way, I'd still feel like the luckiest girl in the world just to call you mine.

Thank you for being you not only around this time of year, but every day of the year. You are truly one of a kind.

Happy Valentine's Day.

Love,

Me