A Love Letter To Chocolate

A Love Letter To Chocolate

You are my biggest weakness.

692
A Love Letter To Chocolate

Dearest Chocolate,

I am going to take this opportunity to tell you how much you mean to me…

When I was first introduced to you, probably nineteen years ago, my life changed for the better. My taste buds went crazy, and I fell in love with your creamy, rich goodness instantly.

As the years went by, I gained a deeper appreciation for you. I realized more and more that you were able to completely change my mood and make me a happier person. If I was ever experiencing a bad day, I knew that I could turn to you and then regret my sweet-binge later on.

Thank you for offering me compliments every time I open up one of your Dove chocolates. Thank you for reminding me that treating myself is okay, and that it is something that I should do in life more often. Thanks for being the epitome of perfection, especially when I need to satisfy my sweet-tooth.

One of the reasons that I adore you the most is because you take on so many forms and you’re always amazing. Nutella…don’t even get me started. Ice cream with magic shell…unbelievable combination. S’mores…mouth-watering. Fudgy brownies make me weak. Reese’s peanut butter cups…dynamic duo. Okay, I think you get the point.

I know that our relationship has been complicated at some points due to your high calorie content. I know that you’re considered somewhat healthy in your dark form, but I prefer milk. I understand that you are not the greatest thing for me to eat, but I can’t deny that you will always be a constant companion of mine.

Nothing is there to comfort me like you do when times get tough, or when I’m really stressed out. You are always available to make me feel better and make me a happier version of myself.

We have definitely had our share of rough patches throughout my life. When I started hitting my teenager years, I realized that I could no longer eat as much of you as I want. This is when I knew that you were both a blessing and a curse in my life. Too much of you would result in weight gain and would make me feel bad about myself.

This is when I started making an effort to avoid you in order to feel better and look better. Honestly, the problem was never you, it was just me understanding the importance of self-control. I also learned to appreciate you more because I would only have you in small portions. I have my moments when I need more of you than I should consume, but for the most part I have learned that you are a delicacy and that overindulging is not a positive aspect of the relationship that we share.

I don’t think that I will ever get sick of you. Nothing compares to the mouth-watering aroma that you release and your sugary taste. I always look forward to having chocolate cake on my birthday, pudding pie on Thanksgiving, hot chocolate during the cold wintery days, and all of the chocolate candy bars that you can think of on Halloween. Your taste is incredibly satisfying; I wouldn’t trade you for anything else in this world.

Love Always,

A Chocolate Lover

From Your Site Articles