A Love Letter to My Future Valentine

A Love Letter to My Future Valentine

Dear Valentine, I haven't found you yet but I don't mind waiting. I know all great things take time and you'll be worth it.

354
A Love Letter to My Future Valentine
Tumblr

Dear Valentine,

I haven't found you yet but I don't mind waiting. I know all great things take time and you'll be worth it. I won't ask for a lot, hardly anything at all but your unconditional love. I hope our love is the kind that you don't have to think about. That you won't struggle to convince yourself to adore every part of who I am. I want it to come naturally like breathing or blinking; constantly present and attentively aware. I want to know all of you. I crave not only physical intimacy but mental as well, and I desire to understand who you are. A deeper connection with the part of you that you may not have shared yet; the real you. I want to memorize your soul which will never fade and wither through our old age. I want to give you my heart, in trust that it will be your most important possession and you will do anything and everything to protect it. In exchange for mine, I will seize your heart and refuse to let go. I'll keep you captive, a prisoner of my love.

I want to wake up in the morning by your side with a smile on my face because you're the first thing my eyes are blessed to see. I want to sit on a park bench drinking coffee and read you my favorite books. I want to stay up until 2 AM looking at the stars, hearing your secrets and introducing you to my recently discovered music. I want to look at you and feel the compulsive urge to smile, knowing whatever is going on around the globe is alright since I have you. I want inside jokes and nonverbal conversations. Our relationship will be an adventure in itself, but with you my beloved, I want to discover the world.

I have an overabundance of love to give you, and I'm anxious for our future. Never will you doubt my love, or question my affections for you. Although I can be unsure of a lot of things in life, I never want to be unsure of you. I vow to support you in your wildest dreams and to help you create even more earth-shattering ones in the future. I pledge to cherish and spoil you with unrelenting devoted passion. I promise to only produce good in your life and to be everything you need and more. I won't ask you to be perfect, but in my eyes, you will be. I vow to daily work on my personal growth for you, for me, for us; and I will encourage you to do so as well.

When the struggles come and trust me, Darling they will, I promise to help you carry the weight. To be the comfort you need when you are shattered. Your burdens are mine, and together we can tackle the world.

I suppose I lied when I said I wouldn't ask for a lot, because I need a lover, a dreamer, a hopeless romantic, an adventurer, a best friend, a fickle spirit and a compliant visionary. I need someone as crazy as me to laugh our way through the difficulties of life. I need someone to rival my electrifying spirit and balance everything I am not. But all these things will unconsciously be everything you are. Flawlessly designed for me, in the end, all I need is you.

Primarily, I want you to feel the same way too. For if not, I shall forever be my own valentine.

With all the love in my heart,

A patiently searching sentimentalist