The Words "I love You" Aren't The Same

The Words "I love You" Aren't The Same

It seems to have a different meaning

10
The Words "I love You" Aren't The Same
www.pexels.com

This topic came to mind after I was talking to a guy who I had met a few months before. We were taking through text message and snapchat to get to know each other. I didn't want to move too fast and he knew that. After about a month or two of talking constantly we just stopped. A few weeks after that he texted me to apologize for not talking to me but then he said three words that scared me half to death, alright, that was a little dramatic but you get the point. He said the words "I love you" through text which I don't care how long we have been dating If you TEXT me and tell me you love me for the first time, then it doesn't count and you need to grow a pair and tell me in person. Anyways, at first I thought (Oh he must of typed "I like you a lot" wrong) but then he said it again. He said, and I quote "I loved you since the day I first met you." Don't get me wrong I was flattered, I was just really creeped out because this boy hadn't even taken me on a date yet and he was saying "I love you." At the time I thought he was just being dramatic but then months went by and we stopped talking and I decided to focus on school and handling two jobs of top of that.

A few weeks ago I was on Instagram and saw that a person I was following had started dating this guy, okay cool. Then, a week later she posted another photo of her and him and she captioned it ending in the words "I love you" I was dumbfounded on the thought that they had only been dating a week and were already saying the word "love".

I'm not hating on people who do say "I love you" quickly in a relationship, I'm just stating that I think that relationships are starting to become a microwave relationship that you can heat up really quickly and get what you want almost immediately. It seems like most couples just want to date for a little while, have sex, get married and move on with their lives.

This is not fact so don't quote me on it but over the past few years we start to see an increase in divorces and separations and honestly I think there are lots of factors that account to this but I think one of them is the idea of rushing a relationship and not getting to know someone completely before committing yourself to marriage.

Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of people, I love everybody actually but I'm only in love or been in love with one person and that person is God.

I want things to be like they were a few years ago when in the movies if someone told their significant other "I love you" it was a big deal and was a heart warming moment. Now these words are thrown around just as much as the words "hey" or "goodbye".

I just wanted to share my thoughts on this subject.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1Corinthians 13:13