If I Want To Do Better, I Will

To The Ones Who Say 'You Can Do Better'

love

/ləv/

noun

an intense feeling of deep affection.

71
To The Ones Who Say 'You Can Do Better'

Finding someone you genuinely love isn't all about looks, sure, it's a component in being in a relationship, but it is not a major component. Being in a relationship is about the connection built between the two people. Having the trust for one another, stronger than anything.

1. Being honest

Brutally honest if need be, to one another plays a big role in building trust, which every relationship needs.

2. Respect

Respecting one another regardless of the situation.

3. Staying loyal

If you have friends of the opposite gender, that is not going against loyalty. Cheating with a person of the opposite gender is.

4. Having that strong communication

being able to open up to one another about anything.

5. Keeping one another happy

being there for them when they are not. But not solely putting your happiness into one person. They may be a reason you are happy, but they can't be in complete control of your emotions.

6. Making compromises

Surprise! Being in a relationship, you're going to run into situations where you may not agree on things.

7. Safety

Keeping in touch with your significant other if they go out with friends. If they are walking home from a late class, offer a ride, even just keeping an open door if the other feels unsafe.

8. Independence

Being in a relationship it is likely there is pressure to always be with your significant other, but it is important to have individual time and space away from your significant other every now and again.

9. Partnership

You are an equal partner in the relationship, there is no "you need to fix ________ about our relationship" or "I need to do something about ______ for us." It is "we" because in a relationship you are a team. And sorry to say, but if you are not treated/treating one as such then that is an issue.

10. Intimacy

It brings two people closer and helps them bond better. It is one potent method of displaying love and affection.

In all seriousness, if you are just dating for fun, the superficial world of beauty can be your sandbox. Consequently, if you lead with your desires, you are more likely to end up in a relationship that ends suddenly and that is packed with anguish. Save yourself the tears. But if you are dating for keeps, serious relationship, steer clear from the sandcastle of physical attraction. That will promptly evaporate back into the shore, guaranteed.

Simply don't lead with your eyes. Lead with your ears, your heart, and your soul.

Because that is what truly matters.