Sin-Phony

Sin-Phony

Spread the love, diminish the hate.

10
Sin-Phony
Flickr

Picture this: A man walks through double glass doors with handprints traveling up and down. The weather is growing colder and his jacket needs more thickness, so he enters the closet clothing store. Customers are throwing clothes where they don't belong, leaving garbage from the outside world, and the coarse words of customers waiting in line was almost unbearable. As he travels through the sea of aggression and chaos, handsome catches his eye.

Handsome is a guy with blonde hair and blue eyes who was looking at cable knit sweaters. Before words could be exchanged, a woman resembling a nun appears next to the man.

"My name is Sindy and what you're about to do is commit a sin."

The man is suddenly muddled "Who are you and what are you talking about?"

She smiles "I'm here to make sure that you don't descend to hell. That blonde guy over there is gay and if you're gay and you two make love, you will go to hell."

The naive man feels fear throughout his spine "Well, I don't want that."

He starts walking over to the women's department in the store. He spots a woman trying on boots "What about her? I like her style."

Sindy shakes her head in disbelief "Oh no sir, not her! Do you see the way she is dressed? Timothy 2:9 reads: 'I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety.' This woman is dressed very unladylike and is committing a sin. Let's find someone else."

They wander over to the denim wall and the man's eyes widen like a cat craving a tasty morsel.

"That woman has a beautiful smile."

The nun lays her wrinkled hand on his shoulder "But that woman is also wearing ripped jeans and she's about to go buy some more!"

She clears her throat and pulls out a bible "Leviticus 10:9 reads: And Moses said unto Aaron, and unto Eleazar and unto Ithamar, his sons, Uncover not your heads, neither rend your clothes; lest ye die, and lest wrath come upon all the people: but let your brethren, the whole house of Israel, bewail the burning which the LORD hath kindled."

"So what does that mean?" the man asked with a puzzled expression on his face.

"It means it's time to move on Romeo." The sister grabs the man's hand and they walk towards the back of the store. As he feels the staggering air, he also feels a sense of hopelessness. But suddenly, a woman with jet black hair that was stunning under fluorescent light smiles at the man.

“Wow, she’s beautiful. I’ll be right back.” As soon as he starts to follow his own path, the holy woman snaps him back to her side. “No, no, no, she will not do!”

“Why is that?!” the man starts to feel agitated.

“Leviticus 19:28 reads: Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD. That butterfly tattoo on her shoulder blade sends her a ticket right to the fiery depths of hell!”

The man maneuvers throughout the entire store, but the angelic lady seems to always have a reason for why he can’t be with a sinner.

“That woman is no virgin. She should be ashamed!”

“A month ago she watched pornography. Not acceptable at all.”

“That heathen eats bacon! And don’t even bother with her blonde friend. She eats lobster with her sinful-loving friend.”

“She’s divorced.”

“She plays football in her spare time.”

“That girl works here and today is Saturday. All of the employees are guilty of sin.”

The man stops running around the store and his perspiration is cemented onto his forehead. He notices a customer entering the store with milky skin and emerald eyes.

He looks over at the woman that’s been lecturing him all day “Anything wrong with her?”

She uses her analyzing powers on the customer “Well, she goes to church and visits her grandmother every day.”

He smiles with glee.

Her eyes start to narrow “But…”

“No! What now?!” the man lights up as red as a fire truck.

“Well, she talks to her friends in the church and according to Corinthians 14:34…”

The man grabs the nun-apparel woman by the shoulders and shakes her “Enough! I don’t want to descend to hell, but I want to find true love.”

He starts to rub tears from his eyes “I just want to be happy.”

When his hands move away from his face, the woman is gone. Handsome, the blonde man from the first encounter, walks up to the disgruntled man “Are you okay? You’ve been running around the store yelling at yourself.”

The first man looks down in embarrassment “Dear God, I’m sorry. You probably think I’m crazy.”

“You’re also cute.” the blonde stares and grins. “My name is Steve.”

“Hi, I’m Adam.”

And the rest is history.

Love is love no matter what your race, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation is. Spread the love, diminish the hate.