America Is Full Of Hate, But It's About Time To Learn How To Love And Speak Out Against Racism

Recent events of the death of George Floyd are making Americans realize change is needed, and fast...but are we doing it the right way?

50
Maddie Puglisi

The recent death of George Floyd on May 25, 2020 has caused Americans to speak out against racism and the lack of equality in the country. The protests as a result of the homicide have taken over the social media world along with the country in general and everyone is bringing awareness to the issue.

Clearly there are changes that need to be made in America and racism is an issue that can not be ignored, but looting and destroying small businesses and hating every police officer in the country is certainly not the answer.

Yes, there are bad police officers out there, there is no doubt about that. There are also bad black people out there. That doesn't mean that every person with a darker skin color is a bad person.

Your skin color does not define who you are, and we all need to understand that.

With this being said, we all need to understand that having a police officer uniform on doesn't define who they are either. There have been mothers that have murdered their own children, but does that mean we should hate every single mom in the country? No, that would be ridiculous because just because one mom was a murderer doesn't mean they all are. No one is denying that what happened to George Floyd was absolutely horrible and that the police officer should be punished, but even his own brother spoke out and said the looting and brawls need to stop.

We are all human beings, and the sooner we see that the sooner we can learn to love more deeply. Putting more hate in the world by beating up cops, blowing up buildings, and stealing from stores is never going to fix the problem.

The social media takeover #blackouttuesday and #blacklivesmatter was a great way to bring about awareness. The peaceful protests and the cops who are speaking out against racism online are all amazing ways and is going to help bring about change. Everyone deserves to have their voices be heard and everyone deserves to feel safe going out in public regardless of the color of their skin, but destroying cities isn't going to make people feel safe, it is just going to make things worse.

We all need to come together and realize we are all neutral, we are all human beings, and every single one of us matters. Love is free, and the sooner we all learn to love everyone equally, the sooner our country can be a better place to be.