Getting Involved At FGCU Helped Me To Love My School Even More

I didn't think it was possible to love FGCU any more, but I found a way!

245

In my first year at FGCU, I wasn't too involved on campus. I went to class, made the occasional stop at Starbucks in the library, then went back to my dorm for the remainder of my day. It's not that I didn't want to do more on campus, I just was too nervous to reach out to anyone.

However, at the start of my sophomore year, I decided it was time to get involved. And boy, am I glad I did. I applied for a few positions on campus and I'm so grateful that I was given the opportunity to currently serve as the Vice President of Outreach for FGCU's Student Organizations Council and Marketing Coordinator for FGCU's Homecoming Council.

Through both of these positions, I have been able to meet so many amazing peers, advisors, and faculty members. I've been able to work hands-on with so many of FGCU's organizations and get to know our student body even better. I get to plan and attend events that bring so many people together, and best of all, I get to help students get involved, too.

These opportunities and positions helped me to not only get more involved on campus but to also love FGCU even more than I already did. Through getting involved on campus, I have been able to see FGCU through a different view. I've been able to meet so many amazing people in the FGCU community and I've been able to see behind-the-scenes of so many awesome events at FGCU!

I didn't think it was possible for me to love FGCU any more than I already did, but I certainly found a way. Getting involved on campus opened my eyes to even more beauty at my school, especially all the beauty of our FGCU community.