My Love For Spring Breaks

My Love For Spring Breaks

They were some of the best trips of my life.

41
My Love For Spring Breaks

Well, it's official. Rochester Community Schools is on spring break!

I'm at Oakland as many of you know, and our spring break is the third week of February. Honestly, this is too early for my liking because, in Michigan, the third week of February is in the dead middle of winter. I miss the April spring breaks because we would get away for a week then when we came back, we knew that nice weather was right around the corner in Michigan.

Growing up, spring break was one of my favorite time of year. My dad always took my family and I on awesome trips down to Florida, and these trips are some of the best memories I have from my childhood.

For example, in 2012, I went to Disney with my dad, stepmom, little sister, aunt, uncle, cousins, and grandma and grandpa. It was so much fun. My dad went on pretty much all the rides with us kids as always! We also did the princess breakfast, and it was so cute to see my sister and cousins interacting with them.

Another year, we went to Disney again, and my dad and sister and I went through the single rider line about nine times for Expedition Everest. In line, they had bells to ring, and my dad always rang every single bell.

Also, for every year, we would get some quality beach time. My dad and the rest of my family loved the beach, so we always made sure to go for at least a few days every year.

We went to Sanibel Island, Boca Grande, Siesta Keys, Cocoa Beach, and so many other places. I loved just relaxing on the sand reading a book, listening to music that my dad had on, and swimming in the ocean. There was no better feeling.

This time of year always makes me reflect back on these amazing trips. I will never forget them!

For all Rochester Community Schools families, enjoy your break whether you're going on vacation or just staying home!

All my love,

Kamille