19 Lovable Robots Throughout The Years

19 Lovable Robots Throughout The Years

From mainstream film to video games and anime, these robots are the best.

91
19 Lovable Robots Throughout The Years
YouTube

What is the one thing that keeps advancing the world of technology: Robots! They are not only changing the outlet of the future, They please people with daily tasks, entertainment, sprouting events, music and they are many lovable robots that have stolen our hearts through many artifacts of our pop culture, What makes them wonderful? Let's find out.

Movies

There have been many robots many movies that either someone has noticed from the get-go, or some of you have never even heard of! But that's alright this list will help by educating yourself.

R2-D2, C-3PO and BB-8:

How can anyone not hate the famous R2-D2 unit! For those of you not really familiar R2-D2 is from the timeless classic "Star Wars" series that was created by Gorge Lucas. R2-D2 is a resourceful astromech droid, R2-D2 served Padm矇 Amidala, Anakin Skywalker and Luke Skywalker. R2-D2 performed many rescues to save his masters and their friends from many perils. I'd say that very brave.

Another great robot from the Star Wars Series! C-3PO is most likely to be seen around R2-D2 since the two of them are thick as thieves. C-3PO is a droid programmed for etiquette and protocol, built by the heroic Jedi Anakin Skywalker. Both C-3PO and R2-D2 have been in all of the Star Wars movies.

The newest member of the robot family of the Star Wars series. BB-8 is a skittish but loyal astromech, BB-8 accompanied Poe Dameron on many missions for the Resistance, helping keep his X-wing in working order. Even before the movie "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" launched into theaters BB-8's popularity sky rocketed by a long shot! With the adorable design and the cute beeping sounds, How could anyone turn away from this little cutie?

Dum-E, Butterfingers and J.A.R.V.I.S:

Dum-E is well known from the wonderful works of Stan Lee's creation of "Iron Man". Dum-E is a robotic hand helping machine created by Tony Stark when he was in MIT College, and they are very close.

After graduating, Tony found some use for it and kept it for himself. It then became one of his main helpers in his workshop, together with another robotic, hand helping machine called Butterfingers, which was controlled by J.A.R.V.I.S which stands for Just A Rather Very Intelligent System.

J.A.R.V.I.S is a highly advanced computerized A.I. developed by Tony Stark, J.A.R.V.I.S. also manages just about everything, especially matters related to technology in Tony's life.

WALL-E and EVE:

I love the story behind Disney/Pixar "WALL-E" If you aren't familiar this wonderful master piece it's about a lonely trash disposal robot named WALL-E who lives on a post apocalyptic earth who then falls head over wheels for the lovely robot EVE and ends up taking a life-changing journey across the universe. Both robots are very charming and adorable, It's really hard not to fall in love with them.

Baymax:

Here's another robot that's from Disney, The soft and plush Baymax from the movie "Big Hero 6" Baymax ask a personal first aid kit with good intentions to seeing very patient is satisfied with their care. Baymax also appeared in the Marvel comic series "Sunfire." Baymax is another that'll enter you heart very easily.

The Iron Giant:

The Iron Giant is a classic Warner Bros film, about a about a giant metal machine that drops from the sky and frightens a small town in Maine in 1958, only to find a friend in a little boy named, Hogarth, that ultimately finds its humanity and saving the towns people of their fears and prejudices. This story has actually adaption of a novel by Ted Hughes called " The Iron Man"

Anime and Television shows

Believe it or not but robots are quite popular in Japanese movies, anime and manga, in fact they even have their own genre called "mecha" They could be the main character or they could be a sidekick! These are a few of my suggestions that I love.

Invader Zim:

Invader Zim is about hopelessly inept as a space invader. who is "secretly bandished from his home planet and somehow finds earth and chooses to invade it, with the help of his loud,cute, funny, hyper active robot servant called G.I.R. If you happened to watch this show on Nickelodeon when it was broadcasted then you know exactly what I'm talking bu if you don't that's quite all right, Invader Zim can be found on the other Nickelodeon channels during certain events.

Adventure Time:

Adventure tells the many stories of the boy named Finn and his dog Jake and they as you guess it go on many adventures, but to be specific is a post apocalyptic world. They live with this cute living gaming console named BMO who can not only be a console, but also a portable electrical outlet, music and video player, video editor, roommate, camera, alarm clock, toaster, flashlight, strobe light, skateboarder, soccer player, tape player, chef and friend. BMO is a loyal, trusting, and helpful friend who is protective of Finn and Jake.

Neon Genesis Evangelion:

It's about the world stands on the brink of destruction. Humanity's last hope lies in the hands of Nerv, which is a special agency under the United Nations, and their Evangelions, which are giant machines capable of defeating the Angels who herald Earth's ruin.

Eureka Seven:

It focuses on a fourteen year old boy who is tried of his boring lief and wants to break free, until a large LFO robot called the Nirvash crashes into his room one day without warning. The pilot of the LFO is a beautiful young girl who has come to have her LFO serviced in the garage run by his family. But following her are the Gekkostate,which a well known group called the guerilla fighters, and a United Federation Forces KLF unit.

Casshern Sins:

This tells the story of a world where robots subjugated humanity after becoming self-aware. Their tyrant of a leader ordered the three most power cyborg warriors to dispose a fledgling young prophet who offered his subjects salvation, fearing that that she was a potential threat. Casshern was the strongest among the other two and manages to kill the young prophet. However, this triggers a cataclysmic event which sets into motion the end of the world. Hundreds of years later, the world's atmosphere is filled with poison, and, due to the inability of most remaining humans to reproduce, as well as the constant threat posed by the robots, humanity is on the brink of extinction.This is actually a reboot series from a classic cartoon called Casshan.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kik:

The story is set in future Japan, in which the sea level has risen and flooded many of the coastal areas and Mt. Fuji has erupted within living memory. The population has been considerably reduced and political and technological institutions have broken-down. Local communities have become nations and telephone and television no longer exist, The remaining people have adopted a slower-paced, simpler way of life and rely more on each other. Along with the human population are some intelligent, humanoid robots. One of the robots, a female named Alpha, runs a caf矇 by the same name in the country outside of what remains of Yokohama. With her trusty motor scooter and her camera she travels around the area making friends with the humans and robots, having new experiences and observing the passage of time. The title can be translated to say "Yokohama Shopping Log or Record of a Yokohama Shopping Trip"

Video games

Robots have even made their debut in many video games believe it or not, Here's a list of a few video games that I enjoy with robots in them.

R.O.B:

The Robotic Operating Buddy was an accessory for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). R.O.B. was intended to be disguised as a toy, rather than being directly tied to video games, due to toy stores' avoidance of video games after the video game crash of 1983. But in the year 2008 R.O.B. became a playable character in the game series "Super Smash Bros."

Mega Man:

In Japan, is a video game franchise created by Capcom, starring the robot character Mega Man, or one of his many counterparts. Mega Man, released for the Nintendo Entertainment System or NES in 1987, began a series of over 50 games on multiple systems. By March 2015, the series had sold approximately thirty million copies worldwide, and is often cited as one of the most renowned video game franchises of all time. Mega Man is a playable character in the Super Smash Bros series.

Bastion and Zenyatta:

Bastion is an SST Laboratories Siege Automaton unit, number E54. And Zenyatta is an omnic monk, they are only true robots that's listed a character to play in the popular game "Overwatch" (Besides D.va's MEKA unit and Mei's adorable drone.)

I hope this helps you understand more about the fascinating pop cultural world of Robots, There are many robots out there all you have to is look or maybe the best robot hasn't even been created yet.