Lori Loughlin College Admission Scandal

I stumbled upon Olivia Jade by accident. I vaguely remember seeing her name and her YouTube videos before. I wrote her off as just another beauty guru.

I finally gave her a shot when I clicked on her most recent haul video. I thought her video was pretty normal…until I scrolled down and saw her comments were disabled.

Immediately, I searched her name up on Google and found her Twitter. I clicked on her most recent tweet, promoting her latest haul video. Down below, I saw reply after reply to it. People were bashing the girl, making shady comments. I was really confused.

After doing more research, I found my answers. If you don't know about the recent Lori Loughlin scandal, here's a great article that'll explain all about it. But, to quickly recap, her and her husband, along with a number of other offenders, were caught in a college cheating scheme. To put it even more simply: they paid for their two girls to get into college.

So, what do I think?

Well, I'm on the side of justice. How dare they? Listen, if you want to go to school, you absolutely should. And you should be able to easily. But if you don't, then don't. If the reason you're going to college isn't to get an education, then don't go.

How dare they take away spots from people who actually care about their education?

I agree with the public. Just because they have money, doesn't mean they reserve the right to pay their way through life.

It's heartbreaking. To see one of my childhood TV stars take part in such a thing.

Good on the brands and companies associated with them to drop them in light of the situation. I'm glad people are doing the right thing in realizing this isn't okay. No matter how much money and fame you have.