What I'm Looking Forward To During Second Semester

As winter break slowly comes to a close, I look forward to everything this new semester entails.
150

The end of winter break is slowly approaching, and with it comes a feeling of bittersweetness. You sit there in wonder how the last few weeks could have gone by so quickly, yet you are more than excited at everything the new semester can bring. As you reflect back on your fall semester, there are things you definitely want to keep and things you reflect back on and wish to change. The spring semester is a new chance to implement those New Year's goals and make more wonderful memories with your college friends. Here are a just a few things that I am personally looking forward to in the upcoming semester...

I look forward to my new classes. After all, at the end of the day, we came to college to learn and become excited about new topics and areas that we may not have had the chance to experience and learn about otherwise.

Whether it be a class towards your major, a class you took because you were always interested in the subject and had a chance to finally take this semester, or even if scheduling didn't work out as you hoped and you got placed in a class that you may know nothing about, new classes, topics, and professors are all things that I can't wait for this semester.

Who knows, you may find an amazing professor you could listen to hours for and never get bored in their class. You may be placed in a class you weren't originally planning to take this semester (like I am!) and find that you absolutely love it. Keep an open mind for this upcoming semester and you never know what you may come across!

Continuing to make memories in my extracurriculars are also something that I am so excited about. The first semester of college was all about setting up the foundation and groundwork for you to join these clubs. Now that you have had a chance to be a part of organizations and groups you are passionate about, use this semester to keep making memories with the people alongside you in your clubs and strive to become a more active member. Even if some clubs didn't work out in your favor, this new semester is the perfect time to start something new.

Most importantly though, I cannot wait to come back to all of my college friends and my residence hall. I can't believe it has been a month since I've seen them all. Text messages are just not enough to know what has been going on in each of their lives, and I cannot wait to be living just a few feet away from all of them once again. I would not trade my dorm experience for anything, and am thrilled to be going back to another semester full of laughs, late night movies, stressful binge eating on Sunday nights, and everything else that college brings us!