As Long As You're In Love, Your Age And The Length Of Your Relationship Doesn't Matter

Love has no boundaries, and it was always meant to be that way.

1143

For anyone who has experienced it, love is an amazing feeling. It is an emotion that can't be described, an overwhelming feeling that makes my heart want to jump out of my chest. It is a never-ending happiness that keeps a smile on my face and forms butterflies in my stomach. I feel on top of the world. I'm sitting here trying to explain what love is, but there are simply no words that can describe what love and being in love are and what they feel like.

Unfortunately, some people think that love has restrictions and boundaries that the entire world must follow, like rules that are set in stone. There are some people who believe there is a certain age when someone can really fall in love, or they believe that you have to be in a relationship for a certain amount of time in order for you to really know if you love them. People may say that you can't fall in love until you are in college, or you can't say, "I love you" until you've been dating for six months. Just hear me out when I say that none of that describes my life.

I just turned 16, and I have been dating my boyfriend for almost four months. He is my go-to person, the one who is always there for me when I need a shoulder to cry on or when I need someone to lend an ear to my rants or simply to just have a good time. I love him. I am 16, and I love my boyfriend. We both said the three words before we had even dated for two months.

I am sure there are some people thinking, "They are too young," or "They haven't been dating long enough to feel true love." There are no boundaries when it comes to love. When you love someone, you love someone, and you will know when you love someone. It doesn't matter how old you are or how long the relationship has lasted for. It only matters that you know you love them.

Some people may take a shorter time to open up to their boyfriend or girlfriend, which may cause a faster advance in feelings. To be honest, my boyfriend was the first real person that I really talked to about my emotions, and that makes me treasure our relationship so much because I know he isn't here to judge me. He is only here to listen to me and support me. Our feelings for each other moved faster than we thought, and we reached the point of love after only two months. That doesn't mean the love we think we have isn't real. It is real love, and no one can tell us or convince us otherwise. Our bond and emotional connection to each other is too strong for anyone to break.

Yes, we are only 16 years old, and yes, we have only been dating for four months. But none of that matters when you know that you love someone or are in love with someone. All that matters are the feelings we have for each other and the bonds we share. We love each other to the moon and back, and that is never going to change.