Long Island Small Businesses Are Leading The Economy No Matter What

Stony Brook University's College of Business has partnered up with Suffolk County to provide extensive resources such as IT & volunteering services to recover and redirect small businesses to uplift the economy.

41

Long Island Small Businesses are Leading the Economy, No Matter What!

For those small businesses struggling through this pandemic, here comes a time to redirect to FAR BEYOND COVID-19.

Stony Brook University has partnered up with Suffolk County's initiative SUFFOLK FORWARD to provide small businesses the PANDEMIC SHIFT with the technological means to convert to an online virtual business. Pandemic Shift is a 90 minutes business survival workshop, which begins in May. This workshop has a quicky and easy signup, be sure to register before May! This collaboration is also offering over 100 business/engineering student volunteers and various other business-related resources to help groundbreaking the New York State economy such as complimentary virtual expert consultation.

"Suffolk Forward is an exciting new partnership that will allow local businesses to leverage expertise and resources to improve their operations and IT infrastructure. I thank Stony Brook University for working together on this initiative that will offer students real-world experience and help struggling businesses navigate the changing business climate due to the Coronavirus." -Suffolk County Executive Bellone

All these resources can be found at Stony Brook University's College of Business website, under the section COVID-19 for Business.

If you are interested in volunteering please fill out the google form and you will be contacted with a small business representative shortly.

"An important role for Stony Brook's College of Business is to do all we can to support economic Development on Long Island. This is particularly critical now. We look forward to partnering with Suffolk County on this initiative." -Dr. Manuel London, Dean of the College of Business at Stony Brook University

Stony Brook University is also provided resources to help access funding or any further government assistance such as understanding the stimulus package.

Stay Home & Stay Safe!

FAR BEYOND COVID-19 | collegeofbusiness@stonybrook.edu
SUFFOLK FORWARD | Business.Recovery@suffolkcountyny.gov
PANDEMIC SHIFT | collegeofbusiness@stonybrook.edu