Long Flights As Told By The Gilmore Girls

Where you lead I will follow... as long as you know the way to our gate.

2
eonline

For the most part, traveling is awesome. It gives you the opportunity to encounter new cultures, food, and experiences! However, flying can be uncomfortable at times, especially if you are in the air for several hours. Air sickness? Sketchy plane food? A total lack of sleep?

Sometimes all you can do in these moments is laugh, and then keep moving forward. And who better to laugh with than the Gilmore Girls?

Arriving at the airport 2-4 hours early.

Standing in the security line and remembering you have a bottle of water in your bag just in time to throw it away, avoiding the embarrassment of airport security doing this for you.

Checking the flight departure board, only to discover a sudden change in travel plans.

Sprinting through crowds to get to your gate in time while trying not to whack anyone in the ankles with your suitcase.

Takeoffs that make your stomach drop.

The temptation of so many in-flight movies

Flight attendants and their love of walking through the aisles with trash bags.

Suspicious airplane food.

Failure to sleep before leaving home because of pre-travel jitters. Failure to sleep on the flight. 24 hours of sleep deprivation summed up in one question:

The agonizing wait to de-plane after landing.

Giving yourself a pep talk after seeing your haggard reflection in the bathroom mirror right after you get off of your flight.

And, at long last, arriving at your final destination.

Traveling can be exhausting, and delayed flights or lost luggage are sometimes just a reality of life. But look at it this way: the more things that go wrong, the more funny anecdotes you have to tell your friends over a cup of coffee when you return.