A Typical Long-Distance Road Trip As Told By “The Office”

Because long-distance car rides are never as relaxing as they may seem.

161
@theofficeus

Road trips can be mentally and physically exhausting... especially if you are the one driving! They are normally filled with pit stops to go to the bathroom and eat, road rage and hidden cops that scare the crap out of you.

You don't realize how boring, yet eventful car rides can be until you spend hours in the car dreaming of your vacation.

Like many things in life, "The Office" can help perfectly describe the rollercoaster of emotions one feels during the time on the road.

1. Starting out the trip so optimistic...

You're so excited to have hours of thoughtless driving. Being able to use the drive as an excuse to be super unproductive.

2. And then brake lights appear out of nowhere

Either it’s traffic or just a stupid semi slowing everyone down. Either way, you're annoyed.

3. You’re flying down the open roads jamming to music to distract you from the long trip you still have ahead

You put on your previously made driving playlist on shuffle to save you from having to shuffle through all the different radio stations in each state.

4. You're running low on gas, but you could also really go for some McDonald’s

Stopping to get food is one of the most exciting parts of the trip, but trying to find an exit that has a variety of fast food restaurants can prove to be the biggest challenge.

5. 30 minutes after the first pit-stop you realize you really have to pee

Great, another stop. Your choices are either a dirty McDonald's bathroom that has a ten-minute line or a creepy rest stop that looks like it's from the 1970's. Either way, it's not going to be a pleasant (or clean) experience.

6. The mini-van you passed miles ago finally finds the gas pedal and passes you

She even had the audacity to look at you as she sped by going 90. Game on.

7. You start ranting about the mini-van mom to the other people in the car and realize they are passed out

Seriously?! They think they can just sleep this entire ride while you just carry them to the final destination. L-A-Z-Y.

8. You decide the best (and most mature) way to handle the situation is to show her who’s boss by pacing with her

Yeah, that's right mini-van mom... I'm coming for ya!

9. Suddenly, red and blue lights flash in your rear-view mirror

UGH! This cannot be happening! My parents are going to kill me if I get a ticket, especially doing 20 over the speed limit. Okay, just get the fake tears ready and everything will be okay.

10. Wait.... the cop is pulling over the mini-van

HA! Karma!

11. Finally, you make it to your destination and can take a deep breath and relax

Even though long car rides suck they are still an eventful part of the vacation.