Road trips can be mentally and physically exhausting... especially if you are the one driving! They are normally filled with pit stops to go to the bathroom and eat, road rage and hidden cops that scare the crap out of you.
You don't realize how boring, yet eventful car rides can be until you spend hours in the car dreaming of your vacation.
Like many things in life, "The Office" can help perfectly describe the rollercoaster of emotions one feels during the time on the road.
1. Starting out the trip so optimistic...
You're so excited to have hours of thoughtless driving. Being able to use the drive as an excuse to be super unproductive.
2. And then brake lights appear out of nowhere
Either it’s traffic or just a stupid semi slowing everyone down. Either way, you're annoyed.
3. You’re flying down the open roads jamming to music to distract you from the long trip you still have ahead
4. You're running low on gas, but you could also really go for some McDonald’s
5. 30 minutes after the first pit-stop you realize you really have to pee
6. The mini-van you passed miles ago finally finds the gas pedal and passes you
She even had the audacity to look at you as she sped by going 90. Game on.
7. You start ranting about the mini-van mom to the other people in the car and realize they are passed out
8. You decide the best (and most mature) way to handle the situation is to show her who’s boss by pacing with her
Yeah, that's right mini-van mom... I'm coming for ya!
9. Suddenly, red and blue lights flash in your rear-view mirror
UGH! This cannot be happening! My parents are going to kill me if I get a ticket, especially doing 20 over the speed limit. Okay, just get the fake tears ready and everything will be okay.
10. Wait.... the cop is pulling over the mini-van
11. Finally, you make it to your destination and can take a deep breath and relax
Even though long car rides suck they are still an eventful part of the vacation.