Dear Long Distance Best Friend

Dear Long Distance Best Friend

Distance means so little when someone means so much

179
Dear Long Distance Best Friend
Media-Cache

How are you doing? Yes, I know we just talked yesterday. I know what you had for lunch, and dinner, and your snacks in between. I know that you skipped your 8:30 class, you rebel. Yet that's not what I asked. I truly want to know how YOU are doing.

Since I moved, we don't talk nearly as much as I would like. You are my best friend, but sister would be a more appropriate term. It is so great that even after not seeing each other for a while, we are right where we left off as soon as we're together. Sadly, our time together is now short, and we don't get a chance to indulge ourselves in each others lives like we used to.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I wish we had more time. I wish we could spend every day together like we used to, and have five different conversations with each other at once. I wish I could be there to know how you're feeling. I wish I could be there to help you through the good and bad days, or to help motivate you when you need to get up but are in a deep sleep. I wish I could just be there, instead of simply being on the phone.

I know that changes like this in our lives are normal, and a part of growing up. I know that we are adults now, and that we have other things to worry about rather than who is coming over to who's house in the morning, or if we want to go to the beach or the mall. We can't fly by the seat of our pants anymore, I get that. I just want you to know that no matter how many miles are ever put between us, you will always be my best friend. I will always be just a phone call away, whether you need to talk to me for something important, or just need to tell me about how you dropped your sandwich right after you got it, and that you are traumatized.

I wish you nothing but the best in life. I can not wait to watch you grow and thrive, and be the person you are supposed to be.