Logic's New Religion

Logic's New Religion

Logic's new album may suggest an amazing new way to think about life.

5739
Logic's New Religion
Lobotomize - YouTube

If you have used Spotify within the last week, you likely scrolled past, or even clicked on Logic's new album "Everybody". The concept album follows a man who has been killed after being hit by a car. He converses with who we assume is God after his death. Throughout the album, the voice of God is that of Neil deGrasse Tyson. The character in the album who is killed is named Adam. In segments at the end of a few tracks on the album, Adam and God discuss the meaning of life, and what happens after Adam dies. We come to understand that, in the universe that Logic has created, Adam will soon be reincarnated as another human being. God explains to Adam that every time he dies, he just goes back to live the life of yet another human.

Before you assume Logic is crazy, the idea of this religion being presented in the album is not to suggest that this is the absolute truth. However, think for a moment what this type of reality would mean. Logic's point is that every human would share one soul. Everything that you might do to every other human would be done unto yourself. God reveals to Adam that if he were to spend enough time there with God, he would remember every life that he had ever lived. Therefore, Adam would have a deeper understanding after every single life that he lived through, and would eventually be able to see things from all possible perspectives. God tells him that, once that happened, Adam would become "like Him". It was somewhat ambiguous, but pretty clear that the idea stemmed from becoming "perfect", in a sense.

Once again, Logic is not suggesting a "new religion" in the sense that it is some entirely new God to believe in, or some absolute truth that people need to spread. He made it up as a picture of something that he thought was a beautiful idea. And you know what? I think he couldn't be more right. That picture is absolutely beautiful! In fact, it reminds me of the way that I believe God calls us to live. I don't believe that we are going to be reincarnated. Whether you do or not, that's up to you. Either way, I think that we can both agree that using this as a basis for how to treat others could be an eye-opener. In the album, Adam is an African American citizen. He is told that he will be reincarnated as a rich, white man who owned slaves. If only he understood the reality that he would walk in the shoes of each one of those slaves, there is no way that man would have treated humans in such a way.

Keeping in mind the truth, which you may believe to be something different than I do, I believe that Logic's concept in this album is something that should be a reminder to all of us as to how we are to love everyone - no exceptions. My view of the absolute truth in the universe may be different than that of Logic, but I think that I can level with him on how impactful the image of his concept can be. Give it some thought, as I think we can all use a reminder every once in a while of how we make others feel, and how we want others to make us feel.