Gordo Is Officially Returning For The Lizzie McGuire Revival And Middle School Me Is SCREAMING

Gordo Is Officially Returning For The 'Lizzie McGuire' Revival And Middle School Me Is SCREAMING

THIS IS WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF

10256
@hilaryduff on Instagram

It looks like the team at the "Lizzie McGuire" revival has a picture-perfect plan, because David "Gordo" Gordon, played by Adam Lamberg, is officially returning for the upcoming Disney+ series!

Ever since the new "Lizzie McGuire" was announced, fans have been anxiously awaiting details.

We know the show will take place in New York City, where Lizzie now lives and works at her dream job as an assistant to an interior designer. AND that, when things pick back up, she'll be dating her "dream guy."

But, without a doubt, the number one question in all fans' minds since the show was announced has been: "What about Gordo??"

Last time we saw Lizzie, she and her longtime best guy friend were stuck in a will they/won't they situationship.

Since over 15 years have passed since then, who knows what (if anything) has happened between them? But this new casting announcement definitely gives me hope that Gordo is still a part of Lizzie's life, romantic or not.

In a statement regarding Lambert's casting, Executive Producer and star Hilary Duff said "Gordo was an essential piece of the puzzle to what made the original Lizzie McGuire so authentic and beloved. I couldn't imagine the series without him. I can't wait for fans to see what he's up to 15 years later and how he fits into Lizzie's adult world."

Hallie Todd, Robert Carradine, and Jake Thomas will also be returning to reprise their roles as Lizzie's family.

Hopefully, even more exciting OG cast members (*cough cough* Miranda) will be announced soon, too!