Is Using Your Phone All The Time Really That Bad?

I Don't Think I Could Live Without My Phone, And That Doesn't Have To Be A Bad Thing

Times have changed

72

You always hear people, most likely baby boomers, talking about and belittling the younger generations for always being on their phones. It usually begins with something like "back in my day..." But that's the catch. It isn't the 1950/60s anymore. Times have changed and I'm grateful for that.

My phone allows for so many ways to connect with people that I may not otherwise. Even beyond my phone, other electronics like my laptop do the same. I'm sitting here, writing an article that numerous people will be able to see online and it is connecting me with a community of numerous other people that I probably would never have even met if we didn't have these technologies.

Our phones are essentially mini-computers that we keep on us all day. There are many apps and such that you could download that will help in different aspects of your life whether it's with directions, exercise, or budgeting. There are many things beyond communicating that our phones are useful for.

Improvements in technology are a part of our lives. As our world changes, so will the different technologies that we produce. They will get better and faster. Without this cycle, our lives would be drastically different.

I would no longer be able to instantly get into contact with people over texts or calls.

I would no longer be able to instantly capture photos and videos as quickly.

I would no longer be able to easily look up information when out and about.

The list could go on and on.

My phone gives me the opportunity to quickly get into connection with people who could on the other side of the world with the push of a couple buttons. There was nothing like this in the 60s.

Now yes, we can all probably get sucked into our phones from time to time, but our lives have probably been greatly improved just by having them around. It's not a big deal to go without my phone for a day or week, but just simply dropping it would definitely have a change in my day to day life.

A change that I would rather not experience.