Living With Chronic RBF

Living With Chronic RBF

15 symptoms that those diagnosed will recognise

181
Living With Chronic RBF
Parks and Recreation Wikia

For those who suffer from this disease, I feel your pain. I, like many others, have a horrible case of RBF. For those of you reading this who have no idea what this means, RBF stands for Resting Bitch Face. According to Urban Dictionary, RBF is defined as: "A person, girl especially, whose regular facial expression makes them look like a bitch." Loosely, it means you always look upset, angry, or as if you have no emotions, but you have no way to stop it other than smiling like a maniac all day long. You constantly get asked, "are you mad?," or "what are you upset about?" Even scientists agree that this is a real phenomenon, according to an article from CNN. Because of it, people often avoid you or don't approach you because they are judging who you are from your face. Even if you're the sweetest angel God put on earth, or are the scariest, meanest person ever who will probably enter the pro wrestling field, you should not be superficially judged by your RBF.

So for those who have been terminally diagnosed, here are a few things you run into that you might recognize...

1. On the inside, you can be full of happiness, sunshine, and snuggly puppies...

But you can't always figure out how to portray that on your face.

2. Everyone just automatically assumes you have something wrong with you because you're not smiling

3. Everyone just assumes you're mad, so questions are inevitable... "are you mad at me?" "what's bothering you?" "smile more!" "you look sick."

4. And while you weren't angry before, you definitely are now

5. Isn't it just the best feeling when people find out that you do things like everyone else- like smile, laugh, make great jokes- and say things like "oh, you're actually funny!"

6. Everyone automatically assumes you're judging them. But the truth? You usually could NOT care less about them.

7. You get excited about going out, until you realize that you'll have to meet new people and "be happy" so you don't intimidate everyone...

8. There's nothing worse than faking a smile specifically so others feel comfortable looking at your face

9. Nothing's better than the feeling you get when people who you thought were your friends tell you about how they thought you hated them, and were judging them all the time when you first met, and were basically a horrible person...

10. So you constantly feel like you have to (unjustifiably) apologize for your face

11. You wonder how people would react to you when you're actually mad...

12. It gets to be a chore to constantly reassure everyone how fine you are. Seriously how do you not get that this is my face?

13. Even when you're polite, and nice, and basically an angel, people still assume you're horrible

14. But sometimes you forget how you actually look and get reminded in a picture...

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F02%2F635890093762841324-600173723_anigif_enhanced-3114-1403724920-16.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.parhlo.com&s=134&h=d356cd5dede762464229e2d7c786c7adc8f9e4aa98c04f74142e29d53da4b2b3&size=980x&c=702281516 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2017%252F02%252F635890093762841324-600173723_anigif_enhanced-3114-1403724920-16.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fcdn.parhlo.com%26s%3D134%26h%3Dd356cd5dede762464229e2d7c786c7adc8f9e4aa98c04f74142e29d53da4b2b3%26size%3D980x%26c%3D702281516%22%7D" expand=1]

15. But then you remember. You don't need these people. This is YOUR face, and it is fabulous! (And remember: smiles give you wrinkles, so guess who's gonna be young forever?!)