A Heart Of Peace
Life Stages

A Heart Of Peace

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have you..."

47
A Heart Of Peace

A new year has finally come, and for some people, that means a fresh start. It is a new year; a time for resolutions and change. Sometimes the changes of a new year can be exciting, like starting a new job and entering into a new season of your life. Other times, the changes of the new year can be daunting, like finally living on your own. Whether you are excited, fearful, or anxious about these changes about to take place in your life, embrace them.

I recently started reading the book Live Fearless by Sadie Robertson. I am the first to tell you my life with Jesus is by no means perfect. Reading this book has opened my eyes to living a life filled with joy and excitement. I have learned (only four chapters into the book) to stop letting fear dictate your mind and your thoughts. It is easy to let fear seep into our lives. It is quite difficult to face your fears and embrace them. My challenge to you is to embrace your fears or whatever makes you anxious.

As I approach the last semester of college, graduating from college in May, and finding a new job, I have many fears that I could choose to dictate how my story is told. Instead of being fearful of these changes, my goal is to allow God to work within me and tell a story using these new opportunities. I can easily allow Satan to rule over me and treat these new changes with fear, or I can face these new challenges with a grateful heart that is filled with peace.

Whatever fears or challenges 2019 is bringing, I encourage you to find hope and peace in the bible no matter how hard it may be. Two verses I like to cling to are found in Jeremiah and 2 Timothy. Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future,". 2 Timothy 1:7 states, "For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline,".