If You Could Live In Another Time Period, Which Period Would You Choose?

The phrase “things were so much simpler back then” comes to mind.

1231
Pexels.com

There have been many discussions amongst peers about how they don’t think they could survive in a certain time period or vice versa. For example, one of my friends and I have spoken about how interesting it would’ve been to be alive during the Renaissance period and witness the progression and changing perspectives of art and music.

Another thing to think about in regards to different time periods is the way how people went through their everyday lives. There was no internet, cable, or any sort of advanced technology in the 1600s, so things were so much simpler and a lot more private. I’m not saying that the invention of technology isn’t a vast improvement and it is immensely helpful; sometimes, mentally, we just need to revert to a to a simpler point in time. Nowadays, we let so many things distract us from being truly productive or even truly happy. Why should the words and thoughts of others distract you from a goal? Why should having so many luxuries distract you from being more productive in your life?

In order to properly answer the questions above, you must learn how to manage all these “distractions” and either use them as fuel to be more productive or learn how to completely block out these distractions when you’re trying to work on yourself and whatever your goal is. Maybe, with a group of friends or with some family, some individuals should work on grounding techniques to help them manage certain areas of their life better (myself included). It might sound a little funny, but sometimes, researching other time periods or watching things in regards to other time periods could help give people some semblance of mind, mainly because of the many things that can be learned from these other periods.