Live In The Moment

Live In The Moment

Why we need to stop rushing and living in the past

7
Live In The Moment
Quotes Valley

So often we say things like, I can’t wait for school to start. I can’t wait for Christmas. I can’t wait for spring break, and pretty soon all the best days have completely passed us by. We live in an age of distraction, where we are too busy looking to the future to simply enjoy today.

Start living in the moment.

We either plan for the future or analyze and try to change events of the past. This internal dialogue completely takes our attention away from what we should be experiencing right now. When we focus on the present, we give our full attention to what we are doing right now and let go of possible outcomes. Living in the moment makes each moment more meaningful.

Stop rushing.

Hurry up with that. We need to get this done right now. Honestly, what’s the rush? The only thing this rush is doing is preventing us from enjoying the process of what we’re doing. This moment is the only moment you have control over right now. You can attempt to plan the future, but planning won’t guarantee your expectations. Rushing makes us ignore the moment we’re in and, essentially, completely waste it.

Every moment is a gift.

Anything can happen at any moment. S**t happens. There is no guarantee of how many moments we are going to get. No one knows when their life will be taken from them, so why not take advantage of the moment you are in right now? You can only truly experience life if you are living in the present. Don’t take moments for granted.

Stop living in the past.

Dwelling on the past just forces us to relive painful experiences or difficult times. Everybody makes mistakes. Stop looking at your past and condemning yourself for decisions you did or didn’t make. We cannot change the past. When we live in the moment, we let go of the past and live in the present.

Whatever you are doing in this very moment, allow yourself to fully enjoy it. Experience this moment with all your senses. Notice your surroundings. Embrace the present. Live in the moment.