Live in the Light

Live in the Light

Living in fear of the unknown is a lie we are fed everyday. How can you learn to live in the light?

129

I am a fearful person by nature; "what if's" seem to be my best friend. What if I don't pass this test? What if she doesn't want to be my friend? What if I do the wrong thing? What if I make a fool of myself? And the list goes on and on...

After just making a list of the things I do think about, I realized there is a common thread: other people's opinions of my successes and failures. I personally don't want to let my family or friends down, I want to be the best version of myself. But what if the best version of myself is right here right now?

The world feeds us lies everyday that we need to be perfect all the time, this isn't a new phenomenon. But why do we still believe the lies? I am learning live in the "light" recently, and I wanted to share some things with you guys that I found helpful.

If you are not proactively telling yourself and others the truth about yourselves, you are feeding the world's lies and temptations. Now what exactly is the truth? I believe that the truth is you are where you are suppose to be right now. Everyone is on their own timeline of life; therefore, someone's big internship or stellar grades does not mean you will never get those things, it just means their time is now and your time is coming.

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr. Living in the light is not only living that out yourself, but spreading that light to others. I have learned wronging someone because they wronged you solves absolutely nothing. Being a light in other's lives and spreading the positivity will not only better the lives of others, but your own life as well. I have a sticker on my laptop that says, "Be kind anyways" and I love that sticker, because it reminds me two things: the world can stink sometimes, but the world would stink more if we add to the hatred and darkness.

This little rant might not mean anything to you, but for me it means I need to start being happier with where I am in life right now and spreading that love and kindness to others. I hope you can try and do the same, because you were made for a reason and everyone blooms at their own pace, so just wait darling, your time is almost here.