Christy Carlson Romano Is Joining The Live-Action 'Kim Possible,' And Us '00s Kids Are HERE For It

THIS is the sitch.

31

Growing up in the early 2000s was quite the time. From frosted lip gloss to what some might call the peak of Britney Spears' career, that era left a mark on society, especially us kids. After nearly two decades, our demands have been heard. Disney has just recently announced that a new live-action "Kim Possible" is in the works.

This is not a drill. I repeat THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

While this news in itself is enough to make my Disney loving-self ecstatic, Christy Carlson Romano, the original voice of Kim Possible has just been confirmed to have a cameo in the film.

You may recognize Romano from her roles in other Disney classics such as "Even Stevens" and "Cadet Kelly," but having her come back and appear in the new live-action "Kim Possible" is something Disney deserves a lot of credit for. Romano's career includes her voicing and playing characters that shaped who a lot of us 00s women grew up to be.

For me, Kim Possible was always one of my favorite characters growing up. She was a laid-back high school girl who played sports and was involved, but she also had time for her family and friends. She was mature, witty, and found a way to juggle her double life as a crime-fighting badass and the girl next door. She showed me that sometimes being a superhero takes more than powers or gadgets.

Romano's Kim Possible taught us girls that being a hero was sometimes just as simple as helping the people around us. She instilled in us a drive to fight for ourselves. She taught us to hold onto good friendships and not to get bogged down by other people's negativity.

Kim Possible was one of the characters of my childhood that taught me the meaning and importance of girl power. Having Romano play a role in this new "Kim Possible" is going to teach a new generation of girls that same message.

Growing up in the early 00s formed me into who I am today, but it was watching shows with girls like Romano's Kim Possible that gave me the courage to be unapologetically bold, curious like a spy, and to always be a friend. That is what a true hero looks like. She also taught me that the coolest heroes are the ones with the catchy theme songs.

*Singing*

"DOESN'T MATTER WHERE DOESN'T MATTER WHEN

I WILL BE THERE FOR YOU 'TIL THE VERY END

IN DANGER, IN TROUBLE, I'M THERE ON THE DOUBLE

YOU KNOW YOU ALWAYS CAN CALL... KIM POSSIBLE"