Yes, I Live With 30 Girls And Yes, It's Been An Amazing Experience

Who says 31 girls can't take over an unused frat house?

322
Chloe Wallach

We all know how hard it can be to find housing in college, and there is no doubt that it is one of the most stressful times of the year when you know that leases are being signed by the minute.

Last year, I made the decision to sign on a house that was going to include 30 other girls, and it has been one of the best experiences I have had in college.

To be quite honest, I didn’t know what to expect going into it. I only knew around five out of the 30 girls, but I was definitely excited to meet new people and make new friends. Everyone was super easy to get to know from the beginning, which made the transition just that much easier.

The girls in the house have felt like family from the beginning. From the first game day, all the way till now, I have never had a moment of doubt about whether or not choosing this housing situation was the right choice.

Living with so many girls has taught me a lot about holding yourself and others accountable for their belongings. By this, I mean making sure that dishes are cleaned and common areas are free of personal items at the end of the day.

There is no doubt, however, that things don’t always go as planned and dishes are most definitely never done when they should be. This has, naturally, caused a few problems in the house throughout the year. However, not everything can always be smooth sailing and the good times in the house outweigh the bad by a long shot.

I have met some of my best friends in the house, and I could not be more thankful that I made the decision to live there. There is always someone to hang out with, go out with, go eat with, etc. I have met people that I don’t believe I would have come across any other way, and now I couldn’t imagine life without them.