21 Things You Become More Appreciative Of During College

21 Little Wins Every Girl Appreciates In A HUGE Way Once They're A College Veteran

It's the little things.

387

Once you're in college, you start to get old, and once you start to get old, you start to really appreciate these things:

1. A full tank of gas

The best feeling in the world is leaving the gas station with a full tank of gas.

2. Home cooked meals

It's something college students will take for granted. Sometimes the food at your school's dining halls suck or you're just tired of ordering out all the time.

3. Free Shirts

Some organizations and clubs on your campus will probably give away free shirts to promote themselves. Don't be afraid to take them. There is no harm in a free shirt.

4. Naps

The workload in college can be demanding, especially if you're involved with clubs, sports or even a small part-time job. It is exhausting. Therefore, a moment where you can take a nice long nap is completely appreciated.

5. Having free time

Having the free time to go out with friends or even just bum around and watch Netflix is a blessing.

6. Coming home for break and realizing you don't have to use shower shoes

Dorm life is rough, especially having to deal with the nastiness of communal showers. If you live in a suite or an apartment, thankfully you don't have to deal with this. It is a wonderful feeling to go home and realize you don't have to deal with putting on shower shoes in order to wash yourself... or evening dealing with a wad of unknown hair sticking to the walls of the showers.

7. Student discounts 

Not to be extreme, but I would go crazy if Spotify didn't have their student discount.

8. Coupons

Especially coupons to fast food restaurants.

9. When you go out to eat with a friend and they offer to pay

You can't deny a free meal.

10. Seeing your pets

A college student would do anything just to go home and hug their dog.

11. Paying off bills for the month and still having money left over

Gotta save that leftover money, even though it'll probably be spent on something like pizza or alcohol.

12. Free shipping 

Pro tip: sign up for Amazon Prime.

13. When your favorite store has a sale

My personal favorite is the Victoria's Secret annual sale; everything is basically half off.

14. When gas prices are under $2.00

We love a good price drop on gas.

15. Dollar menus or any kind of special deals at fast food restaurants

The dollar menu at McDonald's. The Wendy's four for four. KFC's five dollar fill up. God Bless.

16. Gift Cards

A gift card can do wonders.

17. The section in Target where everything is under $5.00

If you have a big/ little, you will definitely understand.

18. Visiting old high school friends 

You don't realize how much you miss them until they're away.

19. Sleeping in your own bed at home

It's a lot better than a twin sized dorm mattress.

20. The dollar store 

Listen here, you can get so many everyday products there for cheap. It's a great place to get things such as toiletries, snacks or even cheap holiday decorations.

21. Not having to pay for laundry 

10/10 would rather do free laundry at home.

We don't realize all the small things we take for granted before leaving for college. The smallest things make our lives a lot more easier.