15 Little Ways To Keep Yourself Healthy

15 Little Ways To Keep Yourself Healthy

Stop overlooking your self-health.

1651
15 Little Ways To Keep Yourself Healthy
Newscult

Sometimes, you wake up and decide that you want to change your daily routine. If you're like me, you usually want some big drastic change to occur overnight. Normally, I say, "Hi, Gods above? Me again. I'd like better grades, a lot of money and...."

However, the odds of me waking up to straight A's and hundreds covering me like a blanket are slim to none. That doesn't mean that I can't make little changes here and there to keep myself happy and healthy, and you can too.

Here is a list of little ways to keep yourself happy:

1. Moisturize.

No, I'm not joking, and no, this isn't always common sense to people. Your skin could really become dry (especially in the cold!) quickly without you even realizing! This would make for flaky skin and red patches. Also, if you're a make-up wearer like me, washing your face and then moisturizing makes you feel refreshed.

2. Take care of under your eyes.

Trust me on this one. Rubbing your eyes, taking off mascara, or just little things could be harsh on your under eye area. I used to have horrible reactions under my eyes and they would swell shut. Now, I use Cetaphil to keep them from getting dry. I also LOVE this cooling water stick by Milk Cosmetics.

3. Brush your teeth twice a day.

Let me be more specific on this one, because I know everyone knows to brush their teeth. However, I just recently got this toothpaste powder from Lush and it's amazing. You wet your toothbrush and dip into the powder, and then brush. I wanted to try the product because everyone was saying that it was a good whitener. I'm not too fond of the taste, so after brushing with the powder I go back in with a regular mint toothpaste. After only a few days of that routine, I've already noticed a difference!

4. Keep up with your grades.

Listen, I know we like to pretend that school IS NOT a thing, but it is. A lot of the times if you fall behind or forget what you're doing, you don't check on your scores. It's so important to pay close attention to the grades entered online versus the paper you get back. You never know if the grades don't match or if you feel like you deserve a different grade, it'll give you opportunity to discuss with the professor!

5. DO NOT sleep with makeup on.

Yes, parties that go until 3 AM make it hard to remember to remove your makeup. Sometimes we are caught up in stress, fatigue, or plans and overlook the makeup wipes right next to our mirrors. Sleeping with makeup on can clog your pores and increase wrinkling. Plus, who likes waking up looking like a raccoon?

6. Clean your makeup brushes.

If you're like me with makeup, then you're no MUA. A lot of the time, we overlook cleaning off our brushes when we're in a rush. However, it's so important. Your face is very sensitive, and anything as slight as old makeup being on your brush can give you a reaction. There are so many brush cleaners out there that are easy to use. I personally use brush wipes, and they work great! My brushes get clean, stay oil-free, and dry quickly.

7. Go outside.

Take a walk, ride a bike, go to a beautiful park. All of these things and more will keep your body moving, while also improving your mental health as well. You will be at ease and feeling great!

8. Write down your dreams.

This one may not be for everyone, but I do this all the time. Whether it's a bad dream, awesome dream, or one I've had before, I love writing down my dreams. Sometimes, I dream of a memory I've had, or something out of my dream comes true. It's so cool when you recognize somewhere, and remember that you've dreamt about it before! The mind is truly a beautiful thing.

9. Eat three meals a day.

Almost all of the time, all of us will miss at least one meal. Whether we do it purposely or not, this is not healthy! About a month and a half ago, I went on a cruise. My family and I ate three meals a day at around the same time each day. I felt wonderful and always just the right amount of full. After leaving the cruise and going back to rushing around and skipping meals, my body was a complete mess. I would be starving at 12 AM and then miss breakfast. Eating three meals a day even if it's something small will make you feel awesome.

10. Drink water.

Don't worry, I used to fight everyone on this too. "Water has no taste, I don't want to drink that!!!" I would always have dry and chapped lips, and I felt tired. Until I had visible signs of dehydration, I wouldn't drink more than half a bottle of water every few days. Now, I drink up to three (I know you're supposed to have four or more. I'm getting there) bottles a day, and it's really helped me. I feel more energized and can put on lipstick without looking like someone diced up my bottom lip. Water is SO important, don't forget that!

11. Scrub your lips.

This one might sound girly, but let's be honest here, my boyfriend loves when I use sugar scrub on his lips. (Sorry, babe) I personally use Jeffree Star Cosmetics lip scrub in 'Watermelon Gum'. It's an awesome flavor, and it really makes my lips feel amazing. Like I said, even my boyfriend likes (mostly eating) it! It's sugar scrub, so you can lick it off with no harm done to yourself. I've also used Lush's 'Mint Julep' scrub. They both work amazing!

12. Stress less.

Stressing might as well be a large part of everyone's diet since we all do it so much. Try to stress less by facing problems differently, working things out, or doing things you love to take your mind off of the issue. Draw, write, or sing. Do whatever makes your heart happy!

13. Vacation when you can.

Everyone needs a little getaway. Whenever you get the money, the ticket, or the opportunity, take it . Not only does vacationing get you away for a while, but you will get to see beautiful things and also have amazing memories to carry on for a lifetime.

14. Take vitamins!

Not much explanation needed for this one. A daily multivitamin and Vitamin C tablet never hurt anyone. While everyone else is in bed with the flu, you'll be bouncing around happily.

15. Just breathe.

Take a second to relax, clear your mind, and breathe deeply.

Wow, I'm so inspired by this list I want to make a part two! No, but seriously, please stop and try at least two of these things today. I promise you it'll help. Always keep smiling! :)