Dear Future Baby, I'm Already In Love With You
Parenting

My heart is already so full of love and your worth even though you aren't here yet.

1743

Even though I don't know you yet, I already love you with my whole heart. Someday you will be more than a dream; you will be a living reality. I don't know what will happen in between now and when you're born, but I can't wait to meet you. It doesn't matter if you are a girl, boy, learn differently or look differently than others. It doesn't matter if you are long or short, tiny or a cute little chunk. It doesn't matter if you look like me, your Daddy, both of us or have a look completely your own. You will be special and perfect, because you will be mine and because you are human.

Nothing could make you less human, less perfect, or less mine.

As long as your heart is beating and you are breathing, nothing else will matter more to me. The circumstances and timing surrounding the beginning of your life will not determine whether you are wanted and loved. It doesn't matter where I am or what I may have to give up, you will be completely worth it. There will never come a day when all lives are not precious or valued to me.

You will be given a chance to live and love this beautiful life.

I am deeply saddened that I can't give this to every little one who doesn't get a chance. I will speak for you and protect you until you can for yourself. I will do everything in my power to see that you are never harmed. With me, you will be safe, understood and loved unconditionally.

I hope one day in the future that I am able to be blessed with the gift that I'm certain you will be. I can't wait to hold you in my arms and tell you all the words that I've had in my heart for so long. When I look into a little one's eyes, I am reminded of you too and the person you will become. You will cry and you will laugh.

You will learn to walk and you will crawl. You will fall, but I will help you get up. You will be afraid, but you will also be brave. You will learn and you will grow through all the choices you make and the person you become. I can't wait to meet you and be a part of that.

Even when it's dark, you don't have to be afraid because I'll be right there.

I'll hold your hand and walk with you until you don't need me to anymore. And whenever you're older, if you need me, I will be there too. I'll always just be a phone call, visit, and hug away from you. I may not be able to be your side all the time when you're older, but I will carry you with me in my heart. We will walk through your first day of school, first heartbreak, first time pursuing your dreams and more — together.

It will be OK even when the world seems to be falling apart; we have One holding us that will mend it. God will be there and I promise I'll be there too.

The world and the people in it can be cold and cruel, but don't let that scare you. You can be both soft and strong if you keep your kindness. Showing love and serving others can go a long way. It may not change the situation every time, but it will always change you. Keep hope and love in your pocket for yourself and for others.

It doesn't take a lot, but it does take one person to start. There will be days you need it. It makes a difference and will help to make the world a sunnier place. I believe in you and can't wait to see the impact you make.

You can turn rain to sunshine when you see all the negativity, but choose to focus on the positive.

Life won't be easy, but you can come to me about anything and we can face it together. I know all the stories that have made me who I am today, and you will have those too. You can confide in me about the mistakes you made, the weaknesses you have or the secrets you keep.

There isn't anything too small or too big for you to bring up. I wish I could fix everything wrong with this world and protect you from all the hurt and darkness. While I can't always do that, I can be someone you can rely on to listen and care.

I will never regret loving you fully or how much I am trusted with in return.

I will be your safe place no matter how young, old, small, or big you grow. You will always be one of my greatest and sweetest gifts and I hope to be that for you too.

Darling, no matter who you become and where you go, I want you to never forget how much you matter. You are never alone, regardless of what others make you feel like and what the lies in your head tell you.

Little does not mean, and never will mean, worthless.