A Little Bit About Me: Getting To Know Your Writer

There's a little more to me than just the articles I write.

102

If you read my articles regularly or even just once in a while, you might be wondering who am I? Maybe you might know me very well, or not at all. I consume lots of content, and I am constantly looking through articles and blogs for inspiration and to learn more. Quite often, especially after I read a piece that leaves me pondering the questions of life, or educated on a new topic, I like to think about who wrote the piece and what motivated them to do so. Of course, we can look at their social media or read more of their work, but that doesn't always give us the insight we are looking for.

One of the best ways I like to learn about people is through stories and fun facts. I have this awesome journal that is called, "300 Writing Prompts" and I feel like it has excellent conversation starters and the prompts within give immense insight. I have picked three prompts randomly to answer here in this article, to let you know a little bit more about the person behind the article you're reading.

1. Describe a "first day" in your life.

Right away I can think of three, but I think the one that has the most significant is my first day of middle school. I remember for some crazy reason the day before my first day of middle school I died just my bangs platinum blond. I literally looked like a skunk. Not even kidding. I wore a white v-neck shirt and black Bermuda shorts. At least 10 people asked me what was wrong with my hair and meanwhile, I thought it looked awesome! (I changed it the next day) You can't start off a middle school career being called "skunk" I remember how awesome it felt changing classes (not the getting lost part) and the excitement of having my own locker! Getting off the bus, I remember seeing my mom's car in the driveway and I was so confused as to why she was home early, but as soon as I got off the bus she said "I had to come home to see you and hear about it" and I felt really special, because to me it was just a new day at a new school, but for my mom it was absolutely a big deal!

2. Does writing change you? How does writing make you a better person?

I have been writing as long as I can remember. When it comes to journaling, it changes me by giving me a chance to look at my life through a different view to think and reflect and spew my thoughts about anything without a filter. It keeps me honest because I can't lie to the journal and I am not allowed to sugar coat anything. Writing makes me a better person because it keeps me calm and I can express my emotions, and especially when I write articles, I have the opportunity to educate and inspire others which I am extremely grateful for. Writing is a part of my life that will never change. I am so thankful I have been able to document my life through my own words and one of the best parts is going back to a random day in my journal and reading what I wrote, and thinking of why I was feeling a certain way, how things have changed and I can also track my progress in different aspects of my life because everything is anything about me is all there

3. Name three things in your bedroom right now.

Since I am at school, I have two bedrooms full of different things so I will tell you three special things in both.

School Bedroom:

Oil diffuser- I love aromatherapy and I use essential oils while I meditate.

Buddha- He is quite small, less than an inch tall, and he sits on my desk and reminds me to be thankful and peaceful

Wooden box from Madrid-my first trip to Europe, I got this cute little wooden box. I collect trinket boxes and this one is very special to me.

Home Bedroom:

Globe- it sits on my dresser and I look at it every day to remind me that the world is a large place, and there are many countries on my list to visit (and to work on my geography)

Sand from Normandy France- I love to travel, and I brought sand back from one of the most beautiful beaches in France, Omaha Beach. I found it very ironic that D-Day took place there, a tragic event on such beautiful grounds.

Wooden Box- (Another one, I collect them) and this one my best friend brought me back from Punta Cana. I love it! It is square and black and I think of her when I see it.

I enjoyed reflecting on my possessions, my first day of school and why I continue to write every day. I hope you were able to learn a little more about me, the writer behind these articles. I think it is important to know the person who you are consuming content from, because words have an impact.