3 Things You Can Only Get From Podcasts, According To Someone Who Listens To Them Every Day

Stop and take a listen.

22

As a newly realized podcast listener, at first I was hesitant. I always assumed that most podcasts were very boring and dull. After seeing a lot of famous influencers and so on making podcasts, I decided to give it a try and listen when I was doing some other work.

But how wrong was I!

The podcasts that I listened to were funny and made the time fly. And it was so different to just rely on the audio of a person, and it makes you really listen to what they have to say. After listening to multiple podcasts, I noticed some great things that you don't really get off of any other media, and here's what they are:

1. Podcasts help you get to know people on a deeper level.

When watching YouTube or TV, many of the people are on for a short time with a lot of that time spent doing something. With podcasts, all they are doing it talking, so you actually learn a lot more about a person on a somewhat deeper level. Take David Dobrik, for example. His usual YouTube videos are around 4 minutes long, but on his podcast channel, "Views" with Jason Nash, you learn a lot more about him as a person when he talks and interviews others for 40 minutes to an hour.

2. Podcasts help you see what really interests others conversationally.

On podcasts, people can talk about whatever interests them, from history, family life, comedy, and even the newest celebrity tiff! Anything goes, which is fun compared to the scripted, largely edited content on other media platforms. For example, a new channel call "The Southern Tea" involves two influencers as they talk informally about their upbringing, family, school, and dating life, which can be relatable and interesting.

3. Podcasts help you be productive while also listening to something fun.

Whether you're on your ride to work or working on a menial project, listening to a podcast can keep your mind engaged! While listening to music is usually the go-to for many, try out a podcast because it might change your mind! You are guaranteed to learn something you didn't know before listening, unlike when you listen to music.

Overall, listening to podcasts is a great new way to stay connected to the world but not have your eyes plastered to your phone all day. From getting to know your favorite celebrities better, hearing fun conversation topics and gossip, and just staying productive, podcasts can achieve these things. Don't believe me? Go listen yourself!