EXO's Album 'Don't Mess Up My Tempo' Should Be On Your Current Fav Music Playlist

These boys can dance, they can sing...and they most certainly can steal hearts.

Keleri
Keleri
23

I've been very into Kpop for about seven years now, and I'm always amazed by the songs these men seem to produce. I really started getting into EXO about four years ago, and I've been pretty much in love with them ever since. EXO is a relatively popular pop group in South Korea that consists of nine members (previously 12). I'd heard some of their earlier songs, but when "Call Me Baby" was released in 2015, I became hooked.

Although I get busy and am not always on top of their releases, I try to check in with their music whenever I can! And let me tell you, the new album does NOT disappoint. The album came out on November 2nd, so I was actually able to get to it pretty quickly, but it very quickly became one of my favorite albums by them, which is saying a lot, considering how good the 'LOTTO' album was.

The title song "Tempo" might just have to be my favorite, featuring smooth vocals and even a slight a capella moment, which just blew me away. As of right now, this is the only song off of the album that currently has a music video, and it is STUNNING. The boys are dancing, which I always love, and Kai is primarily front and center for a lot of these dance sequences. All of the boys can dance, but Kai especially shines in this area and they definitely capitalize on it for the video. While not all of the members of the group have experience acting as well, you certainly can't tell looking at them! The way they look at the camera pretty much pierces directly into your soul, so if you do happen to stumble upon the music video, just be prepared for that.

And surprisingly enough, the other songs on the album seem to follow "Tempo"'s example! While I typically have at least one or two songs on the album that I don't really like, I genuinely enjoyed listening to the entirety of this particular album, I obviously have some favorites, "Ooh La La La" and "Gravity" is among them, but I added the entire album to my Kpop playlist, something that happens very rarely.

Overall, I just can't stop raving about this album. In KPop, there's something known as a bias, which is like your favorite member of the group. I've been flipping back and forth between Kai and Xiumin for my bias, but this album has made it even harder for me because I just love them all. They all have amazing voices and bring something different to the table for all of their fans to enjoy.

The ONLY complaint that I have about the album how little Lay seems to be on there. Even in the music video for "Tempo," he only showed up for a couple of frames in a video that was 4 minutes long. He doesn't show up as much as the other members on the rest of the album either. However, Lay released a solo album of his own just a month ago, so at least he's got his own content for those fans who want to hear more of his lovely voice!