Like A Kloss

Like A Kloss

Karlie Kloss continues to inspire millenials all over the world.

416
Like A Kloss
people.com

Karlie Kloss is a global icon for all the best reasons. When you first hear the name, you may know her as one of those dazzling VS Angels or one of Taylor Swift's best friends, but she brings so much more to the table. At the young age of 24, she has proven that there really is nothing she can't do. She is one of the world's most popular and accomplished super models, which happened to be her claim to fame, but she has taken the world by storm in much more than that!

Day in and day out, she continues to make the world her runway. Best of all, she's as sweet and genuine as they come. Although she's on the cover of every magazine, you won't just find her doing photo shoots or fashion shows, but you'll maybe run into her in an unexpected place. Don't be surprised to find her at NYU learning to code along with other women from all over the world. This time last year, she decided to take a leap and take college classes for the first time.

Flashback to 2007, in order to pursue her modeling career, she had to put this aspect of her life on hold for a little bit. Here an now, in order to make her college dreams a reality, she had to make a difficult decision. Devoting time to her studies meant she had to drop her status as a prominent VS model (2013-2015). This prominent status as one of the world's most popular faces of Victoria's Secret would now be just a memory as she embarks on this new chapter. She explains to many reporters that she didn't want to wait until she was 30 to continue her learning, and knew this was the right time.

In just a few short months, Karlie became obsessed with coding and wanted the world to know how important this type of computer engineering really was. She made it her mission to spread the word to young girls that learning to code would present them so many amazing opportunities. She says, "I think it's crucial that young women learn to code as early as possible to ensure that we have a voice and a stake in what the world looks like".

This summer, she has even kicked off a few FREE coding camps of her own, Kode With Klossy, located in 3 major cities across the country (New York City, St. Louis, and Los Angeles). It's a two-week program where girls are introduced to software engineering principles and learn the same programming languages behind apps like Twitter and The New York Times. Anyone ages 13-18 were eligible to apply with no prior requirements except a short 60-second video showing how they will change the world using code. A group of 20 girls would be chosen for each location! How cool is that? Learning to code along with the coding queen herself... WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR?

On her days off, she's doing everything she can to make a difference. In recent years, she has also using her passion for cooking in creating her own cookie line. Her own homemade recipe is formerly known as Karlie's Kookies and now called Klossies. The cookies are not only delicious, but can be purchased with part of the proceeds going to FEED. This is an organization that feeds and educates hungry children.

Along with her whirlwind supermodel career comes a lot of traveling, from Paris to Milan and other fashion cities far and wide. But, she also chooses to explore different areas of the world for bigger reasons. She has traveled to Haiti to support her supermodel friend, Christy Turlington, with her nonprofit organization called Every Mother Counts. Their mission is to educate people around the world about issues facing women. Karlie documented the emotional and life-changing experience for her YouTube channel. Check it out!

When young girls need role models from the entertainment industry now more than ever, she is definitely one to keep your eye on. She proves that supermodel beauty is not just skin deep. She proves to girls that it's completely possible to have beauty and brains. She proves that it's always good to be gracious and giving. She proves that confidence is the key to happiness. She proves that you can do anything you set your mind to. And most of all, she proves that everyone should approach life "LIKE A KLOSS".

From her newest EXPRESS Like A Klosscampaign, this quote is one that I think every girl should take to heart.

"The real me still gets nervous trying new things. But, the best way to be your true self is to do what you love. Follow your passions, forget about your vulnerabilities, and don't think twice."