Life With A New Kitten

Life With A New Kitten

You gotta be kitten be!

52
Life With A New Kitten
Unsplash

I always forget how much fun it is to have a new kitten in the house... One day your older cats are relaxing peacefully at home, and the next, they're being chased after by a tiny, playful ball of fur. And kittens are cute yes, but they are far more energetic and mischievous than those wide-eyed fuzz balls surrounded by flowers in tacky calendars. That's not to say they aren't still the most lovable creatures on earth.

My family recently adopted a kitten from a local shelter (something everyone reading this should do, they all deserve a home), and he is quite possibly the cutest maniac I've ever seen. He's the smaller and more playful version of our oldest cat, whose all black with gold eyes. The little kitten's name was originally Salem, but we decided to go with Thackery Binx, after every one's Halloween favorite, Hocus Pocus. He's only been with us for a few days, but he already has a dozen nicknames...from Binxy, to Brussel Sprout, they range between normal and really freakin' weird. I don't care though, because he'd be adorable no matter what I call him.

Binx is a very special kitty to our house because he's the first kitten we've brought into the family since losing our last angel. As I've mentioned before in these articles, my last kitten, Oliver, passed away very suddenly and it was hard on my family. I made a deal with my parents that if I made Dean's List two semesters in a row, I could get another kitten. And not to brag, but here I am with my new little kitten, and he's so much more to me than an award for my academics. I feel a bit guilty though, because Binx is the kitten who has to go through constant comparisons to Oliver. And although he doesn't know it, I think we all kind of expected Binx, or any new kitten for that matter, to be a little less special than Ollie was. But Binx is proving us wrong in more ways than one.

For starters, Binx was the first kitten I saw at the sheltar and I fell in love immediately. He's been adjusting to our home very nicely, and tries his best to make the other animals like him. He's playful, and energetic, and he loves to sleep on my chest and be close with us. All in all, he's such a cutie pie!

These past few days with my new kitten have been beyond fun and were filled with cuddles and love. I'm taking as many pictures and videos as possible to document this little guys life because I know I'll really miss these kitten days when he grows up. Until then, I'll be enjoying life with my new kitten and hope that everyone has the chance to enjoy having a little furry rascal of one kind or another in their home, there's nothing better!