Life Is Like A Box Of Chocolates

Life Is Like A Box Of Chocolates

You never know what you're gonna get.

2687
Life Is Like A Box Of Chocolates

What if Forrest Gump was on to something when he said his famous quote, “Mama always said: life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get.”

If life really is like a box of chocolates here are a few flavors and corresponding life moments.

To start off, you have those happy moments of surprise where you find the chocolates with toffee in them. Initially, you may worry you’re getting one with nuts or some other weirdness, after all you can see the lumps, but then you take that first hesitant bite and bam its happy dance time.

The nasty, neon-colored, fruit-flavored, cream-filled ones are those bright sunny days where you think it should be an explosion of happiness, but then you get a taste of what the day, or the chocolate, will hold and it's not as pretty or bright. As we all know, the rest of the experience consists of spitting all the nasty out.

The nutty people in your life can be represented by the nut filled chocolates. Shocker, I know. Whether it’s the good nutty where they make you laugh so hard you cry, or the bad nutty where you just cry while running away — you never know which one you've got until you take a bite.

Then there’s just those regular chocolate ones. When you’re going through the box, tasting all these flavors and fearing for your life, you finally get to that plain chocolate one and you sigh with the sweet relief of knowing you’re going to make it through the day. Just like those days where nothing extremely awesome happens, but nothing terribly bad does either; it’s just a good day and you can enjoy the entire thing.

Then there are the days when you’ve given up all hope of ever getting your favorite flavor. You’ve destroyed the box trying to find the cheat sheet that lists all the flavors and their placement. You’ve started poking holes in the bottom just so you don’t have to deal with that crap. You are just straight up done.

Finally, you find it. That perfect chocolate. That one flavor you bought the whole box for. You’ve made it through the whole box. The ups the downs, the flavors you spit out, the ones you swallowed just because you needed to finish one. Your tongue has a weird taste on it and you are dreaming of other food. Then, in one last desperate attempt, you reach for a chocolate and it is the answer to your hearts dreams. It’s the reason boxes of chocolates were created. You sit back and enjoy the bliss.

Forrest Gump’s Mama has proven she knew what she was talking about. Next time you start to worry about tomorrow or wonder what the future will hold, just remember those brilliant words: “Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get it.” After all, mother knows best.