6 Life Lessons Star Wars Taught Me

6 Life Lessons Star Wars Taught Me

Star Wars helped shape the person I am today.

429
6 Life Lessons Star Wars Taught Me
@classic_star_wars

Star Wars is one of my absolute favorite series of all time. It hits me on so many levels and always reminds me of the person I hope to be every day. Star Wars has played such an important role in my life for a very long time and has been a part of numerous people’s lives since its beginning. But why is that?

Why have people fallen for this movie series so deeply? Could it be the adorable creatures, like the Porgs and Ewoks? Or the ever so amazing Jedi’s who protect the peace? Or is it the consistent and never-ending battle between the light and the dark side? Whatever it may be, it is no secret that Star Wars has earned it’s place as one of the most beloved and cherished series of all time.

For me personally, Star Wars has done more than just provide me with entertainment and fun. Star Wars taught me life lessons that, to this day, I have not forgotten. I know that many can agree with me that Star Wars has served as a valuable teacher throughout their lives. I have compiled a list of important lessons that I and a few others have learned from the beloved Star Wars and, let me tell you, it gets deep real fast.

1. There is lightness and darkness inside of all of us.

I think we all want to be known as a “good” person. Now, that definition varies on who you speak to, there will always be a push and pull battle within us to do good and bad things. However, we’re not perfect beings and the inevitable is that we will fail, but failure is not the end.

2. Failure is the greatest teacher of all.

As I just said, failure is inevitable, but it is not the end. Failure teaches us what we can do better the next time a situation comes around or how we can better ourselves in general. Failure is not something to be afraid of, but to learn from. The fear of failure is what often times, pushes one to never reach their full potential.

3. There is ALWAYS hope.

There are many times in life when chaos seems to consume our lives and pain seems a bit too familiar, however, there is always hope for a better tomorrow and for change. However, that’s entirely up to you.

4. The easy way is more often the hard way. –Marko Susnjara

Anyone can take the easy way out. In fact, most people expect it, because it takes courage to take the hard path. Unfortunately, many people have not discovered their courage yet and do not know that they are extremely capable of enduring that trials and adversities of the hard path.

5. Everyone can be redeemed. –Ben Kravitz

I think we all know someone in our lives who seems beyond redemption. They do things that are extremely questionable and, many times, they refuse the help you offer them. These people may even be the ones who take advantage of the love you have for them and care you have, however, these lost individuals are also the ones who surprise the world the most.

I know some of the most admirable leaders and mentors that I have come to know have come from a background and lifestyle like this. Their stories are powerful and beautiful and have changed lives. It goes to show that there is always room for change and growth, and anyone can impact a life positively.

6. Emotions can be misleading.

We all know someone who makes rash decisions and acts before thinking. Many times, they say things that are hurtful, but they can also be the most passionate and driven people you know. Often times, they are extremely driven by emotion which is not always a bad thing, however, emotions can be extremely misleading. Emotions can drive people to do amazing things, however, they can be painful and extremely illogical. It is so important, in tough times, to remember to use your mind in conjunction with your heart.

There are so many more lessons that can be taken from these films, some serious and others, not so much. However, I know one thing is for sure, that Star Wars will always hold a dear place in my heart and it continues to amaze me with the role it plays in my lives, and in the lives of others.

And with that, I have one last thing to say,

May the force be with you.