Life Lessons Learned From Being A Theatre Geek

How a childhood spent on the stage teaches you to be an adult

18

I started doing theatre when I was 10-years-old, and now, 11 years later, my theatre resume is considerably longer than my normal resume. From my first role as a squirrel, to my most recent role in "Godspell," I have seen, done, and sung it all. I spent more hours in the theatre then I spent out of it and it shaped me into the person I am today. From the countless hours of rehearsal, endless bottles of Aquanet, and always-disappearing bobby pins and hangers, I learned a lot under those bright lights, and here are just a few of those lessons.

1. You learn to pursue every opportunity presented to you because it just might be your big break.

2. You learn how to impress the boys.

3. You learn how to embrace what makes you different (let that freak flag fly).

4. You learn how to cover any blemish with makeup.

5. You learn how to stay positive even when everything just kind of sucks.

6. You learn how to continuously push yourself to new heights.

7. You learn to never compromise who you are to get where you want to be.

8. You learn to never stop believing in magic

9. You learn to love yourself no matter what the haters say.

10.You learn to surround yourself with positive and uplifting people who will always be by your side.

11. You find your home.