Lies, Trump, Parents And Hypocrisy At Its Finest

One of these days, my children will ask me who Donald Trump was and I am not going to lie here... I can’t wait.

180
jaroh / Flickr

“You won’t amount to anything in this world if you keep lying, Scott.”

Those were the words of my Mother growing up in a conservative, Methodist background that argued lying is a sin, according to the Bible. I consider myself religious, but I sin enough for the next person. The difference with me is that I can admit to the fact that I will NEVER be perfect.

Growing up with this kind of lifestyle, it infuriates me how hypocritical of my parents it is to vote for Donald Trump, a consistent liar and fraud.

They preached to me how I should grow up to be kind, compassionate and a role model for younger generations.

Then my parents go ahead and vote for a man who has had more sexual assault allegations than any other president this country has ever seen.

I don’t think it is very necessary for me to go on a tangent on how Donald Trump is “different.”

My parents always viewed religion as a backbone in this country, but nothing that needs to be in school. For example, my parents have never supported prayer in public school. They have raised three amazing (if I do say so myself) sons who treat other people as they should be treated.

I love my parents to death, but it just makes me so mad that they can sit there at the Thanksgiving table as I beg my brother to pass the mashed potatoes, to tell me that they support Donald Trump. When I begin to ask my parents how they support such a man, they always respond with the same line, “come talk to me when you pay taxes like us.”

(I love my parents dearly, and in no way shape or form am I implying that they aren’t the greatest human beings I have ever met. I need to make sure that they won’t stop helping me pay for college.)

As I was browsing the web for some ideas on what to write for this week, I came across an article saying every single one of Donald Trump’s lie since the day he put his hand on the Bible at Capitol Hill and said the words “so help me, God.”

Bill Moyers, the managing editor of billmoyers.com, wrote that The New York Times did a “noble service” by writing out every one of Trump’s fibs.

On January 21, 2017, Trump said that he never supported the Iranian invasion during the Bush administration. NYT disputed that by going to look back on Donald Trump’s twitter account to see if he tweeted about this before. Nonetheless, Trump stated, “…. the invasion into Iraq is crucial to assert democracy.”

February 4, 2017 – Trump’s Twitter account said, “We had 109 out of hundreds of thousands of travelers and all we did was vet those people very, very carefully.” If you look at the statics, over 60,000 people were affected by Trump’s travel ban he implemented within the first month of being in office.

Those two dates are two out of pages and pages of lies. The columnist stated that, “Trump told public lies or falsehoods every day for his first forty days.”

President Donald Trump is a proven liar as the commander-in-chief of the United States. Like stated above, it enrages me that people (my parents) can tell me that they support such a man because of his “Christian values.” I am nowhere close to being perfect or a “genius,” as Trump thinks of himself, and I will always point that out. I will never sit behind my computer here and write/state that I am something of divinity.