10 Young Adult LGBTQ Romance Novels To Read This Summer

10 Young Adult LGBTQ Romance Novels To Read This Summer, Preferably With A Piña Colada

A list of books to read poolside this summer.

26

A list of 10 young adult LGBTQ romance novels to read this summer, with a piña colada in your hand!

1. "Red, White, & Royal Blue"

Amazon

A Goodreads Choice 2019 Winner, this young adult love story between two guys tells the story of the president of the United States' son, Alex, and the Prince of Wales, Henry, who have a whole lot of history and bad blood.

They stage a truce for a publicity stunt, which leads to an unforeseen romance. Casey McQuiston's book debut promises royalty, politics, and a whole lot of drama. It's your juicy beach read!

2. "Date Me, Bryson Keller"

Amazon

Pitched as "What If It's Us" meets "To All The Boys I've Loved Before" (two of my favorite romance novels might I add), This boy meets boy love story follows Bryson Keller and Kai Sheridan at Fairvale Academy who secretly agree to "date," but what starts off as a silly act starts to lead to something more.

3. "Felix Ever After"

Amazon

By Stonewall and Lambda Award winning author, Kacen Callender this new YA novel is about Felix Love, a transgender teen just looking for love.

But, when an anonymous student starts sending him transphobic messages, Felix wants revenge. When his plan for revenge turns into a love triangle, Felix ends up taking a journey of self discovery and recognizing the love he deserves.

4. "The Falling in Love Montage"

Amazon

Saoirse doesn't believe in love at first sight, happy endings and is definitely not looking for a relationship this summer. But, after meeting Ruby at an end of the year house party, things just might change and Saoirse may just fall in love despite planning to end their relationship in the fall.

Ciara Smyth's debut book promises carnivals, girl meets girl romance and a whole lot of summer fun.

5. "The Henna Wars"

Amazon

Pitched as "When Dimple Met Rishi" meets "Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda" (more of my faves), this girl meets girl rom com follows two girls and their rival henna businesses. Nishat has just came out to her parents as lesbian but doesn't have their full support.

Then once her childhood friend Flávia walks back into her life, Nishat falls for her instantly... making her life harder. Their lives begin to mix and Nishat begins to realize there is more to Flávia then she once knew.

6. "You Should See Me in a Crown"

Amazon

Leah Johnson's debut novel follows Liz Lighty as she plans the next chapter of her life. But when things start falling through, Liz is forced to re-evaluate everything. When Liz runs for prom queen and meets the new girl Mack, everything starts to change.

This adorable girl meets girl YA romance promises more than just two prom queen contenders falling in love (if that hasn't sold you already).

7. "The Fascinators"

Amazon

Fans of Rainbow Rowell and Maggie Stiefvater reunite in this magic-infused YA gay love story about friendship and first love. Following Sam and his friend group: James and Delia, the story sets off their senior year when their friendships slowly start to fall apart. Sam may be in love with James.

Delia is over their amateur magic club. And James has gotten into some trouble with the wrong group of magickers, now putting a target on all of their backs. Sam begins to realize that their love for magic may have gotten their group together, but just may be the reason for its downfall.

8. "Her Royal Highness"

Goodreads

A companion novel to "Royals" by Rachel Hawkins, we follow Millie Quint as she leaves her life in Houston behind to study in Scotland. Still trying to adjust from her move from Houston, Millie can barely stand her new roommate, Flora, who is an actual princess!

But, as the two begin to get to know each other, Millie starts to wonder if Flora is her happily ever after after all.

9. "Tell Me How You Really Feel"

Amazon

Meet Sana, your classic overachiever, and Rachel, a wannabe director, and film enthusiast. As Rachel prepares for her senior film project, she has the perfect lead in mind: Sana. But there's a problem, Rachel has hated Sana since Sana asked her out, and Rachel thought it was some cruel prank.

Inspired by classic romance comedies, strap in for a story about two strong young women falling for each other despite their messy history. It's just too good!

10. "What If It's Us"

Amazon

One of my favorite books of all time, written by the masterminds of Adam Silvera and Becky Albertali we follow a love story between Ben and Arthur. In the heart of New York City, Ben is just getting over a break up. Meanwhile, Arthur is interning in New York from Georgia for the summer.

Both believers in the universe, when the two meet at the post office, they can't help but wonder what the universe has in store for them. One of the most heartwarming and adorable books I've ever read, this better be your next beach read!

Note: As an Amazon Associate, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.