Letting Go Of Heavy People

Letting Go Of Heavy People

It's okay to walk away.

21
Letting Go Of Heavy People

I have been wondering lately why it is that people keep leaving my life, especially at times when I feel that I need them most and I am at my worst, and even more so why I want them back. Why did I want someone in my life that did not want to be there?

I wasn’t sure of the answer, and I don’t think I ever will be. What I noticed, though, is that I wasn’t allowing myself to shine because I fear that other people did not want to watch. But then I put those two situations into a metaphor, as I always do.

As for the people who keep leaving, maybe this is why:

Each time a lighter is lit, is loses fuel. You light the candle of your soul and then you share your light with someone else, whose lighter is either broken or not as strong as yours. Eventually, though, your lighter will run out of fuel and you will be stuck in the dark right along with them.

To continually to light another’s candle, to function as their lighter along with yours, will strip you of your resources and darken your own personal world. They were never able to fix their personal lighter because you continually provided light for them.

Be careful with your light, for without darkness we cannot see the stars.

And for those that I was not shining for:

There are people who run away from lighting, and those who run toward it.

When it strikes, it lights up the whole sky and its impact is powerful beyond measure, regardless of who chooses to stick around for it.

Remember though that lighting never strikes twice, and those who miss out simply miss out. Never stop shining in fear that you are not being seen, or that you are too compelling. Your strength fills another's weakness.