Letters To The People I Couldn't Live Without: The Savior

I can't thank you enough for being my best friend.

17

It's always been important to me to let others know when they are loved. Whether it be through buying them lunch, listening to their stories, or just sending a text message at two in the morning that reads, "I love you." So much so that, as corny as it seems, sometimes I forget to love myself. I'm so wrapped up in trying my best to make others happy and comfortable that I throw away my own happiness. But there is always someone to dig me out of the hole that I've dug myself. Sometimes it's my best friends, my dad, my cat, or anyone else who loves me. In light of that, I feel that I don't give you guys enough thanks. So I'm writing an open letter to each of you throughout the course of the next few weeks. So here's my deepest thank you, to my best friend, The Savior.

Hi. It's been a while since we last talked, and I don't blame either of us. You're busy with college and so am I and we both know I was never good at communication. You are living your life and being successful (despite what you may think) and I am so proud of you. For the things that you have lived through, the times that you have helped me live through. You took it upon yourself to help me, even when you had your own problems to take care of.

I try to help you in any way that I can, but I know that sometimes I have trouble with emotions. I was never one of those people that you could go to so you could have a shoulder to cry on. I have trouble with my own emotions, so honestly, I'm thankful that you have found people to hold you up in ways that I never could. Thank you for dealing with my lack of emotion. Thank you for dealing with my tears, my depression, for constantly telling me that I am amazing. I don't deserve someone like you, and you deserve someone better than me, but I imagine if you have a say in anything, I'm stuck with you.

I admire your stubbornness, your need to help people, and your heart. I admire your patience and understanding when I get into one of my moods and I just need someone to talk to. You are an amazing person, and I wouldn't want to call anyone else my platonic soulmate. Hell, we're still getting those matching tattoos right?

Thank you for being there through my parents' divorce, through high school, and when we both needed each other the most, middle school. You saved my life and I can't imagine what the world would be like without someone as amazing as you.

You know who you are, my savior.

-Love, your Best Friend