A Letter To My Sister

I have had so many friends in my life, but only one sister. Someone who I always knew I could count on for anything that mom and dad just did not need to know. Your parents were right when they said your sister grows up to be your best friend. She is the one that is there with you all along. She watches over you silently in everything you do. She stands by you through good times and bad. No matter what she is always on your side, even if that side is wrong. We are lucky to have sisters because they are the best friends that are not aloud to leave no matter how hard they try.

A letter to my little sister, the one who knows me best.

Dear sister aka best friend,

I really do not know what I would do without you. I am more thankful for your presence than I show. It is funny how mom said how close we would be whenever we fought as kids. I never believed her. I thought we were so incompatible, but now I feel as though there is no one better I could have hand selectively picked other than you. I never realized your true value in my life, until I started noticing the impact I made on yours. You're the one who makes me a better version of myself and you don't even know it. You were raised to respect your elders, but deciding to look up to me was a decision you made on your own.

I want to be the best I can be every day because I know someone is always looking up to me. I wish so often I could write you a manual for life or even a guide to help you with relationships and friendships that come your way. Just know I see the path you are creating for yourself, despite one that I have already made. I see your intelligence and gentle heart. I love being your big sister and role model and even though at times I may fall short of the person you want me to be, you are always the reason I want to keep getting better. So even though you are the one suppose to be looking up to me, I look up to you.