A Letter To The Unmotivated Person

A Letter To The Unmotivated Person

You are not alone.

1372
A Letter To The Unmotivated Person
AsiaOne Health

This week I heard the phrase, "I am so done with this semester" more times than I can count. I heard it from my friends, classmates, and even from myself quite a few times. Whether it is late nights in the library cramming for tests or after an exhausting day of classes in general, more than likely many of us are becoming mentally and physically exhausted. As the time in the semester where motivation begins to stray is upon us, I feel we should all take a moment and pep ourselves up in order to finish the semester strong!

However, motivation can leave any of us at the drop of the hat. Life can hit us and make us feel overwhelmed, stressed out, and simply exhausted. Whether you are an unmotivated student, teacher, mother, father, or simply just bogged down with the way your life is going, I feel like everyone can relate to not being motivated and perhaps we can all use a little "motivation pick me up.”

“It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.” –Lou Holtz

Sometimes the reason we become so burnt out is because we do not make time for ourselves. Whether it be carving 30 minutes out of your day to go to the gym, reading a book that you wish to read, or just taking a power nap, a little "me" time is always a good way to clear one’s mind and allow the worries to slip away for a few minutes. If you are anything like me, I tend to feel guilty about taking time for myself, even if it is to cook dinner. I feel like I should be chained to my school books, however, I find that when I take a break and come back with a clear head, I am able to accomplish more than simply staring at the same thing or analyzing the same problem over and over again.

“If you get tired, learn to rest not to quit.”

I have always envied the way people can handle stress because I find myself cracking under the pressure quite often. For example, I complain about the amount of stress I am under when so many other students have more on their plate than I do. With that being said, I have had to learn how to attack the lack of motivation head on. I tend to recite a little cheer in my head. “You push through. You only have X number of days until the weekend, spring break, summer, etc.” I have to push through the depletion of energy, motivation and find the strength to continue, but goodness gracious it is hard.

Yet there is no greater feeling than pushing through and coming out on the other side knowing you made it. You can finish strong. You can do this.

Though it may seem like the end will never come, I promise it will. The things you feel you cannot get through will quickly pass. That test you cannot study for because you feel unmotivated or the lack of energy that comes from your daily tasks will not wear you down. You are stronger than the lack of motivation. A year from now these stressful circumstances will not matter. The light will shine through, and you will have made it. Do not quit. Quitting is not an option. Losing motivation happens easily, but if you give up, then what is the previous hard work and stress for? Let’s get motivated because we can do this.