A Letter To My Body

A Letter To My Body

I won't be influenced by society.

14
A Letter To My Body

Dear Body,

I'm sorry. I have not been the nicest to you over the years. Can you blame me though? I have spent all of my teens and early twenties having my flaws pointed out to me by other people. I have society's standards in my face constantly, and I know that it is nearly impossible to look like that. Sometimes I will cope by not eating. Sometimes I will cope by over eating. I'm living in a decade where everything is about looks, and I don't know how to handle it. You get judged in school by how you look. You get judged at home by how you look. You even get judged at work by how you look. It feels like there is so escape sometimes, and like I'm drowning in negative words that have been said towards me.

Some days it's easy to overcome everything. Some days are hard to even look in a mirror. I try my hardest to let other peoples words and opinions not stick, but it's not that simple. I promise to try and be better. I won't let anyone's thoughts inside my head, and will focus on how I feel.

I won't be influenced by society.