A Letter To Young Life

A Letter To Young Life

Thank you.

40
A Letter To Young Life
Kaci Bradshaw

To Young Life,
I don't know where I would be today if I hadn't gotten on that bus with my closest friends to a place 5 hours away. Small tiny town girls going to a big beautiful place. My goodness, I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

Stepping off of that bus, I was hit with something that left me slightly terrified, confused, yet suddenly, overwhelmingly, happy. It was my home before I even knew where I was.

I felt more emotions that first week than I even knew were possible. Even today, 6 years later, I still can't put into words the feeling of camp. It was incredible. The atmosphere is something out of this world. The people are so loving and kind (and slightly crazy). There's so much to do and so much to see that you wonder how you can fit it all into one week, but trust me you can. I'm sitting here trying to type out a way to explain it all and I realize nothing I can say will do it enough justice. Camp is just camp. And all of this is wonderful and amazing but what was truly amazing was that everything at camp was this way because of one reason. God's love for us.

If I didn't grab my friends and hop on a bus full of strangers I wouldn't have been changed. I wouldn't have known that I was a child of an amazing God who loved me despite my sins. I wouldn't have heard that despite my past and despite what I was going through, God wanted a relationship with me. I saw my life changing before the week was even over. My thoughts of hoping those "girls in the other van" were nice turned into thoughts of "I can't wait to see them again." Strangers turned into life long friends. Most importantly though, I learned that I was loved and that God wanted a relationship with me.

If it wasn't for Young Life I wouldn't be where I am today. I wouldn't be trying to help kids hear the good news. I wouldn't be pursuing what I'm pursuing. I wouldn't be a leader bringing kids to camp and being slightly too crazy so they can have the best week of their lives and hear about Jesus. I wouldn't be living my best life for the glory of God.

It's amazing what can happen when you throw a bunch of people into a room, blare music, and praise Jesus. So here's to the last six years and (God willing) many more to come.
Thank you Young Life, for changing me and helping spread the love; for being a ministry to reach kids and let them hear the best love story around. Now let's share the good news together.

John 15:12 "My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you"