A Letter To The Soul That Saved Me

A Letter To The Soul That Saved Me

Thank you.

545
A Letter To The Soul That Saved Me
Nikki Choate

You are the person that has been there through thick and thin for me through the past 3 years. The love that I have for you is unconditional, special, and unexplainable. You are the guide of the light for me. I remember as if it was yesterday the first time I saw you. I really believed, and still believe that you are the most beautiful soul I have yet to come across. Your dazzling smile, and humorous laugh made constantly fills my stomach with butterflies.

I tried so hard to impress you. My goal in life was to make you fall in love with me. I thought it would be so hard, because I was so insecure. However, I wanted to be myself. I wanted you to fall in love with the real me, not someone who I was trying to be. So you did. You fell in love with me, and I fell in love with you. You make my heart beat fast. My life has always been so complicated. There was no mommy or daddy. There was no positive energy in the air. It was all frustration, confusion, and depression. Until I met the soul that saved me. Through all of the pain, you looked past that. I was the most stubborn angry girl you could possibly meet. However, you treated me like I was actually worth something. You lifted me up and loved me even through the crazy abnormalities my life was received.

Such a beautiful soul, so kind, and gentle. I never believed that after everything I have been through there would be someone that wanted me. I never thought that I would get the true feeling of happiness and love. I stopped looking for it until I met the soul that saved me. You are an amazing person. I did not just fall in love with you because of your flawless self being. I did not promise to spend the rest of my life with you because of the twinkle in your eyes, or your funny jokes. I fell in love with you because after every obstacle I have come across, you were the reward in my hardship. You were my medal of worship after defeating the battles I never thought I would win.

Thank You, for being the soul that saved me.

I love you.

This is a dedication to Joel Keith Patterson, the soul that saved me.